Windows 10: Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold

Discus and support Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Can't find how to change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold. Please help. Thanks, Joe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jdelaney77, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold

Hi,

Can't find how to change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold. Please help.

Thanks,

Joe

:)

jdelaney77, Mar 21, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Bold desktop icon titles in windows 10 home

Hello Fran,

To assist you with customizing the program icons in your Windows 10 PC, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows + X.
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • On View by, located on the upper-right portion, select
      Small icons
    • Click on Display.
    • Select Calibrate color on the left panel.
    • Under Change only the text size, tick the box beside
      Bold
    • Click Apply.
    • You may need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Mar 21, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold

Bold desktop icon titles in windows 10 home

I want to BOLD the text under the program icons on the desktop in Windows 10 Home, 64 bit

8:08 pm

FranMorphy, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold

1. Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold - Similar Threads - Change desktop icon

2. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  3. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  4. Desktop Icon text changing color and shading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon text changing color and shading: Hello all! I have a unique question I haven't found an answer to. My 85 year old grandfather has an old Windows 7 computer we recently upgraded to 10. So far he loves it! But... His desktop icon text is normally black with no shadow, but sometimes after he closes programs...
  5. Windows 10 desktop icon text color auto change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icon text color auto change?: Greetings: For years now I've made use of the "Windows Inverted extra large" mouse pointer scheme so it's easier to find the mouse on-screen. If you're not familiar with it it comes with every version of windows I've seen in practically forever, wherever your mouse pointer...
  6. How to change color and bold ; Folder description text ?

How to change color and bold ; Folder description text ?: Depending on desktop wallpaper used ; folder fonts become unreadable unless highlighted. Is it possible to bold the text and change its color ? Windows 10 home . 145106
  7. Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold?

Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold?: As I get older I find that the default menu & sub-menu displays are getting harder to read. I switched the main display scheme to be high contrast, however, the sub-menu displays are still very washed out to me. I am now using the Dark scheme but still the sub-menu displays...
  8. Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger

Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger: Prior to the Creators edition I was able to make the fonts under each desktop icon larger and bold. When I installed the Creators update those fonts reverted to their defaults and I can find no way to change them back to the way I had them. I think I used Control...
  9. Making menu and font text bold.

Making menu and font text bold.: I could do this in all other Windows but I can't find it in 10. What am I missing? 39067
  10. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Icons in Windows 10 You can make the text of icons on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the text font size...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bold text setting windows 10

2. icon text bold

3. bold text windows 10

4. why are the icons on my desktop too bold,
  5. make desktop icons bold,
  6. desktop font bold,
  7. how to change desktopicon titles to bold,
  8. bolder text in windows 10,
  9. windows 10 icon text bold,
  10. un bold desk top icons,
  11. bold font in windows 10 single language,