Windows 10: change Windows 10 drag files (icon/cursor size)

Discus and support change Windows 10 drag files (icon/cursor size) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I drag a file to move to a folder in Windows 10, the icon that shows is so large that it hides the folder name. I want to know how can I re-size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wisemike, Apr 4, 2016.

1. wisemike Win User

change Windows 10 drag files (icon/cursor size)

When I drag a file to move to a folder in Windows 10, the icon that shows is so large that it hides the folder name. I want to know how can I re-size the icon that shows, or remove it altogether? (I tried the Folder Option "always show icons and not thumbnails, but its not related). I need it to be like previous Windows behavior of that action. Thanks.

:)

wisemike, Apr 4, 2016

2. APPS

Hi Cornelius,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us try the following methods and check if it helps:

1. Open your Start menu.

2. Hover your cursor over the top border of the Start menu until it changes to the 'Resize' icon. Drag the border up or down to the size you want it.

3. Hover your cursor over the right border of the Start menu until it changes to the 'Resize' icon.

4. Drag the border left or right to the size you want it.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you

Abdul_Malik, Apr 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Explorer: Drag/Drop Files w/o Thumbnail

Hi,

Only workaround I know is to change the file type icon to a small icon, but again, it might look ugly (with lot of white-space) when the folder is set to Large/X-large icons view. And this has to be done on per-file type basis. There is no other option as
    far
    as I know

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 4, 2016
  4. zztemp Win User

zztemp, Apr 4, 2016
  5. wisemike Win User
    It even can't be made transparent?

wisemike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. change Windows 10 drag files (icon/cursor size) - Similar Threads - change drag files

2. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  3. Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.: How do I change the size of the icon whilst using drag and drop? The size is ludicrous and you cannot see where you are moving files to - it is deeply infuriating....
  4. Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.: How do I change the size of the icon whilst using drag and drop? The size is ludicrous and you cannot see where you are moving files to - it is deeply infuriating....
  5. How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10: Hello! Are you reading this guide from a 5 inches Windows tablet screen? Maybe from your 15 inches laptop? This guide is for anyone who wants to have better visual experience using their Windows 10 device. So, we will be guiding you through changing your resolution, fonts and...
  6. Is there a setting to change the icon size in drag-&-drop? Or even get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a setting to change the icon size in drag-&-drop? Or even get rid of it?: On the basis that a picture is worth 1000 words, I attach an image showing screenshots of a simple drag-&-drop operation in both Windows 7 and Windows 10. I’m simply dragging a file from an open folder onto an icon in this case it’s another folder; it could just as well be an...
  7. Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size): So I went to drag and drop a file today and noticed the transparent icon was much bigger than I remembered it. I haven't changed any settings recently so I did some searching and found no answers online. The only thing I found were people saying this large icon was normal. I...
  8. Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10 The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows. Have you ever had an issue finding the text cursor in the middle of a large...
  9. Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size: Hey all. I'm using windows 10 x64 pro. Whenever i opened my game folder some games icon keep resized. I want all of them big. And all of them have a big icon picture. So this not about small picture. When i opened folder first time everything works fine. All icons size...
  10. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Icons in Windows 10 You can make the text of icons on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the text font size...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor files/icon files

2. windows 10 icon size when dragging