Windows 10: Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language

Discus and support Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first opened my computer after buying it, it asked me to pick a language. I accidently clicked on Portuguese, and now my entire computer is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ana_5, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Ana_5 Win User

Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language

When I first opened my computer after buying it, it asked me to pick a language. I accidently clicked on Portuguese, and now my entire computer is in Portuguese, which I don't speak very well. I read the tutorials and tried to change the display language to English via Settings, but it says my Windows license only supports one language. Then I tried factory resetting the computer, but it never asked me to pick a language again. It just skipped straight to region. I tried deleting Portuguese from the computer, but even if English is the only language I have downloaded, it still won't let me choose anything other than Portuguese for my display language. I read somewhere that to change my display language I'd have to upgrade to Windows Home or Windows Pro. Will I really have to pay to fix this problem? Using it in Portuguese is simply not an option. Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language 73fb659e-9543-47bc-8205-8c4dcc608912?upload=true.png

:)

Ana_5, Mar 9, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Mar 9, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language

How to change Display Language in Windows 10 Home Single Language Version

Hi, I have an HP laptop running by Windows 10 Home single language edition and recently installed Release 1903. I need to change the Windows Display Language to a different Language. The option to do that has a drop down menu, yet it doesn't allow me to
    change the selected language. I searched the internet, watched videos posting steps to do that. However, some of the options illustrated in these tips materials don't exist in my Window sitting application!!

Is there a way to change the display language, or I have to live with the problem for ever?

ThamerTarabzouni, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language

1. Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language - Similar Threads - Change Home Single

2. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language: Hello;This is a little long story to tell, as I did lots to achieve my goal, yet failed. I appreciate if you read all of the writing to help me. As a german learner, I decided to change the system language in my laptop including the display language to german. However, after...
  3. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language: Hello;This is a little long story to tell, as I did lots to achieve my goal, yet failed. I appreciate if you read all of the writing to help me. As a german learner, I decided to change the system language in my laptop including the display language to german. However, after...
  4. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

6. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

9. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

10. Change Language of Windows 10 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Language of Windows 10 Home Single Language: I have an laptop that has windows 10 home single language preinstalled 21h2 19044.2486 to it and its in portuguese. I wish I could change it to english. Have been searching everywhere but i couldnt find any solution to it. I wonder if i reset windows i could change the...