Windows 10: Change windows 10 language without microsoft account

Discus and support Change windows 10 language without microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to change the system language without making a microsoft account. The new laptop comes installed with Spanish windows and I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PM86, Oct 1, 2018.

1. PM86 Win User

Change windows 10 language without microsoft account

Hi,

I would like to change the system language without making a microsoft account. The new laptop comes installed with Spanish windows and I'd like to change it to English. Thank you,

Cheers

:)

PM86, Oct 1, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Change windows 10 language without microsoft account :(

Zakin, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Change windows 10 language without microsoft account - Similar Threads - Change language without

2. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing Login PIN without microsoft account: I bought my work computer from my employer when I left the company. Recently, my 5yo son has been making unauthorized purchases. I thought I would make him a new account with parental controls to prevent this going forward. I can change the password, but unfortunately he can...
  3. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Login PIN without microsoft account: I bought my work computer from my employer when I left the company. Recently, my 5yo son has been making unauthorized purchases. I thought I would make him a new account with parental controls to prevent this going forward. I can change the password, but unfortunately he can...
  4. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change Microsoft Store Account without changing computer's account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to change Microsoft Store Account without changing computer's account: Hi, so I'm trying to install a game on my laptop that I already own, however the account I'm using is different than the one that I am trying to access. Is there a way I can change my store account without changing the laptop's account?...
  6. Change email connected to microsoft account or change microsoft account without losing data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change email connected to microsoft account or change microsoft account without losing data: Hi, I'm trying to change the microsoft account on my son's computer to be a child account under my name. I noticed I have two adult accounts in my own name so changed one of them into my son's name and age and it was made a child account. Whenever I try to enter that...
  7. Changing the region without changing language Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing the region without changing language Microsoft store: Hello, I changed my current region to Japan because I'm leaving there, and also to have prices in yen in the Windows store. But know I got some stuff in Japanese in the app. How can I change my region and ONLY the region, not any language features, or, at least, only change...
  8. Is there a way to change language in Windows 10 Home Single language without having to pay...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to change language in Windows 10 Home Single language without having to pay...: Hello, beautiful community. I bought a Lenovo here in Mexico and it has Windows 10 Home Single language. I mostly work with apps in English because for me, it's an easier way to learn from tutorials. But my problem is that a lot of my apps get installed in Spanish because...
  9. Change language of Activity Report in Microsoft Family Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change language of Activity Report in Microsoft Family Account: I've setup an Activity Report for my son in Microsoft Family account. The problem is that I receive the report in German, even if my account setting is in Italian. How can I change the language to Italian? Thanks Edika...
  10. Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language: I'm trying to add korean language to my keyboard layout but everytime I try to set up the language of my computer change too. I just want to type in korean language. thank you...