Windows 10: Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login

Discus and support Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have seen this question asked over the last few years, but have no seen a satisfactory answer. I want to change the password I use to log... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MrJCW, Jan 2, 2019.

1. MrJCW Win User

Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login

Hello,

I have seen this question asked over the last few years, but have no seen a satisfactory answer. I want to change the password I use to log into Windows 10 on my laptop. This password is different from my Microsoft Account password. I do not want to change my Microsoft Account password.

When I try to use the tools under "Control Panel," "Accounts," I receive a prompt to change my Microsoft Account password, which I do not want to change.

All other suggestions, including: (1) enabling the elevated Administrator account to try and change it (once I go to "change account type" for the account on this computer, which is already an administrator, there is no further prompt or option to change that account's password), (2) using the elevated CMD prompt and various "net user" commands to try and change the password, and nothing has worked.

Thank you for the help.

:)

MrJCW, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 multiple system login crap! [Solved!] Thanks to Kursah!

Windows 10 Sign in: Password, PIN, Picture Password

Using login credentials is best practice, and is going to be more and more among the norms. You can bypass needing a password if you're NOT using a Microsoft account. But if you are, that's an online linked account...wouldn't make any sense to be able to automatically login to a sync'd account without credentials would it?

If you're using local accounts or non-domain accounts, you don't need to have a password to login. See link above, you'll be able to make the changes you need by following that, in a few minutes your frustrations will be gone. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 2, 2019
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login

1. Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login - Similar Threads - Change Login Microsoft

2. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login: So I have been pulling my hair trying to Google-fu that's a verb, btw the answer to this. Everything I can find either doesn't line up with my circumstances precisely or about 89% of the time there's an answer, the person answering is not understanding the exact issue and/or...
  3. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login: So I have been pulling my hair trying to Google-fu that's a verb, btw the answer to this. Everything I can find either doesn't line up with my circumstances precisely or about 89% of the time there's an answer, the person answering is not understanding the exact issue and/or...
  4. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login: My password to Microsoft Account is not correct when I login using a different pc. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login/712678ca-5059-47f4-8f28-b7e229bf6c60
  6. Change the login account on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change the login account on Windows 10: I have a problem with a PC installed with a Microsoft account say "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". For Office 365 however I have an account like "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" linked to my organisation. I want to bring all together into that 1...
  7. Microsoft login account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft login account: Hi, i’m definitely hoping somebody can help me I have changed the administration and Microsoft email to a new email and every time I try to log into my computer it’s still using the old email and will not let me login if I can find a way to remove the files on my computer...
  8. Microsoft Account Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Login: I am unable to manage my microsoft account via the Settings/Accounts/Your Info. I click on "manage my microsoft account" and the dialog box just shows a spinning circle and never stops unitl i cancel it out. I can log into my account if I go via a browser so my account...
  9. Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - changing the login mail account?: My mail address is going away; it is my Microsoft Account login id. How do I change it? I have already added the new address and made it my primary address Dave NB Finding a Category for this wasn't necessarily simple...
  10. Login Account Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Account Changed: On my home PC to which I only have access, following the installation of an update, my login account was changed from myself to Other User. I have set my account to bypass the requirement to enter a password by using netplwiz, but now the computer defaults to Other User. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign into this computer using your microsoft accountnext time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.

2. well need your current windows password one last time.

3. next time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.

4. Sign in to this computer using your Microsoft accountNext time you sign in to this computer use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello if you’ve set it up.We’ll need your current Windows password one last time.,
  5. sign into this computer using your microsoft accountnext time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time,
  6. Next time you sign into this computer use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello if youve set it up. Well need your current Windows password one last time.,
  7. next time you sign in to this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if you’ve set it up.we’ll need your current windows password one last time.,
  8. Well need your current Windows password one last time,
  9. well need your current windows password on last time,
  10. Microsoft account Well need your current password one last time,
  11. asura.hao.0214@gmail.comsign into this computer using your microsoft accountnext time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.,
  12. ekhaleel@outlook.comsign into this computer using your microsoft accountnext time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.,
  13. windows login account doesnt change,
  14. change windows password not the account one,
  15. we’ll need your current windows password one last time.