Windows 10: Change Windows 10 Pro Start Button Icon

Discus and support Change Windows 10 Pro Start Button Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro x64. I want to change the Start button icon to the Windows 7 icon in the Marlett font the one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Portalastical64, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Change Windows 10 Pro Start Button Icon

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro x64.

I want to change the Start button icon to the Windows 7 icon in the Marlett font the one that you get with a capital W. I only want to change it for my user account. I'm using a standard account and I don't know the admin password UAC is at the default settings. I'm able to download and run any standalone application, and I'm willing to dig through the registry as needed assuming it's within the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. Anything that would normally invoke UAC is not feasible.

How can I do it?

:)

Portalastical64, Jan 22, 2020

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jan 22, 2020
  3. My Start Button is present, but has changed color.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that start button and apps color changed also you are unable to access Windows Defender.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and see if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows update.
    • select check for updates and install all the pending updates.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 22, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Windows 10 Pro Start Button Icon

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Change Windows 10 Pro Start Button Icon

1. Change Windows 10 Pro Start Button Icon - Similar Threads - Change Pro Start

2. Windows 10 start button items changed??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start button items changed??: Today when I turn on my computer, my Start Button menu looks like this:Used to be when I clicked the Start Menu, the apps all showed in a vertical listing and I didn't have to click the 3-line menu as depicted above.What happened and how do I fix this to go back to what it...
  3. Windows 10 start button items changed??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start button items changed??: Today when I turn on my computer, my Start Button menu looks like this:Used to be when I clicked the Start Menu, the apps all showed in a vertical listing and I didn't have to click the 3-line menu as depicted above.What happened and how do I fix this to go back to what it...
  4. Windows 10 start button items changed??

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 PRO Start Button Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PRO Start Button Icon: i have tried many software's like - 1. Stardock Start11 2. Start all is back3. Classic Shell 4. Start Menu X Windows OS - PRO 64 Bit.now my problem is i want to change the windows start menu button icon and not he start menu as a previous version.i have attached a photo of a...
  6. Windows 11 PRO Start Button Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PRO Start Button Icon: i have tried many software's like - 1. Stardock Start11 2. Start all is back3. Classic Shell 4. Start Menu X Windows OS - PRO 64 Bit.now my problem is i want to change the windows start menu button icon and not he start menu as a previous version.i have attached a photo of a...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Starts Button Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Starts Button Freezing: I have had this problem since 3 or 4 months ago, but I have tried to reinstall the window, but it seems still not working, and I also try before the SFC scans to check any corruption files. is there any other solution?...
  8. Windows Start Icon/Button

Windows Start Icon/Button: I noticed that the Windows Start icon and the Start button do not work at all. Is there a setting I need to change? When I click the start icon to see all of my apps it doesn't work. So then I tried the start button on the keyboard, and that doesn't work either. How can I fix...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Start Button

Windows 10 Pro Start Button: Hello, Since I got Windows 10 I noticed that start button was slow to respond. When I first turn on my PC and try to click on start button it will take few seconds until it pops up, and after I pressed it a few times then it will immediately pop up. So can you help me fix...
  10. Start Button Icon Locations

Start Button Icon Locations: Where does Windows store the start button icons/assets images? They are in the MSStyles in the themes folder. 79375