Windows 10: change windows 10 setup from "Set Up for an organization" to "Set Up for Personal Use"

Discus and support change windows 10 setup from "Set Up for an organization" to "Set Up for Personal Use" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Unfortunately, when setting up Windows 10 Pro, I erroneously went down the path of choosing "Set Up for an organization". how do I restart the setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thisissra, Nov 25, 2019.

1. thisissra Win User

change windows 10 setup from "Set Up for an organization" to "Set Up for Personal Use"

Unfortunately, when setting up Windows 10 Pro, I erroneously went down the path of choosing "Set Up for an organization". how do I restart the setup process so that I can "Set Up for Personal Use"?

Any advice will be most appreicated

:)

thisissra, Nov 25, 2019

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Bryan2010 Win User
    Windows 10 Setup - "Set up for an organization"

During setup of Windows 10 you encounter this question: How would you like to set up?

Set up for personal use

Set up for an organization

Has Microsoft adequately explained anywhere specifically what happens with the latter choice? Does it interact with Office 365 business subscriptions or is it merely a way to setup with a local or Azure domain? What exactly happens? The description
    given is vague and it seems the question has been asked numerous times on other forums but there seems to be no definitive or official answer to the question.

"You'll gain access to your organizations resources like email, network, apps, and services. Your organization will have full control over this device"

How, specifically?

Bryan

Bryan2010, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Yancyd66 Win User

change windows 10 setup from "Set Up for an organization" to "Set Up for Personal Use"

*Some settings are managed by your organization

Did that and it doesn't work.

Open Start Menu and type gpedit.msc.

• Right click on gpedit.msc and Run as Administrator.
    • Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    • Find Allow Telemetry and double click on it.
    • Change its setting to Enabled and change the drop down menu entry to 3-Full.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Again open the file and change setting like before. That means change Enabled to Not Configured.
    • Still see: *Some settings are managed by your organization.

Then tried regedit suggestion from other community person that didn't work:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PushNotifications.

Now you will see NoToastApplicationNotification. Double click on it.

Now change its value 1 to 0. 1 is default value. You will make it 0.

Click on OK.

Now, Sign out your Microsoft Account. Sign in again.

Issue with this suggestion is that there is no "PushNotifications" listed.

Yancyd66, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. change windows 10 setup from "Set Up for an organization" to "Set Up for Personal Use" - Similar Threads - change setup Set

2. Personalized settings setting up for web platform experience?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personalized settings setting up for web platform experience?: So after an update finished and after I logged into my laptop something weird happened. The whole screen went black and in the top left there was a little box that said: Personalized settings setting up for web platform experience. Does anyone know what this mean?...
  3. Personalized settings setting up for web platform experience?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personalized settings setting up for web platform experience?: So after an update finished and after I logged into my laptop something weird happened. The whole screen went black and in the top left there was a little box that said: Personalized settings setting up for web platform experience. Does anyone know what this mean?...
  4. change initial set up from personal to business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change initial set up from personal to business: how to change /revert setup from local personal account to business account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-initial-set-up-from-personal-to-business/47ade88f-fa2d-48f7-a11b-af113dcf4fd9
  5. change initial set up from personal to business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change initial set up from personal to business: how to change /revert setup from local personal account to business account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-initial-set-up-from-personal-to-business/47ade88f-fa2d-48f7-a11b-af113dcf4fd9
  6. Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Setup Settings on Boot Up: I tried to fully wipe my computer. It would get to about 15% then “undo changes”. So after trying a number of methods to fix this I tried to boot the computer in safe mode. Now when I turn on my computer it’s goes to the setup settings list but my mouse and keyboard don’t...
  7. display setting and personalize will not come up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    display setting and personalize will not come up: ever time i right click on my task top to open them up they do not come up it instantly close and only show the tab on the toolbar for a second submitted by /u/teddytech518 [link] [comments]...
  8. convert or change Windows 10 from 'personal use' to 'organization'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    convert or change Windows 10 from 'personal use' to 'organization': Hi, accidentily we set up our new Windows 10 pro computers for 'personal use'. This should have been set up for an organization. We tried, but we couldn't find a way to convert our Windows 10 from personal use to 'organization'. Formatting and re-installing is not an...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Setup - "Set up for an organization" does not appear during setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Setup - "Set up for an organization" does not appear during setup: I have 10 netbooks to setup for a customer, they came with Windows 10 Home but I have upgraded them to Pro and made sure they are activated. I have then reinstalled Pro from scratch in order to join them to the customers Office365 Premium, however, during setup I do not get...
  10. Set up OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set up OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10: How to: Set up OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10 How to Set up OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive. OneDrive runs on the trusted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change to personal use windows 10

2. setting up windows 10 as an organization instead of personal

3. set up for organization or personal use

4. how to change from organisation to personal,
  5. windows 10 change from organization to personal,
  6. how to change setting on account from personal to organization,
  7. windows 10 change to set up for organization,
  8. changewindows10 setup from organization to personal,
  9. set up for personal use,
  10. change windows 10 to set up for organization,
  11. change thinkpad to set up for an organization,
  12. windows 10 change to personal use,
  13. set up for an organisation windows 10,
  14. how to set up for an organization windows 10 after setting up for personal,
  15. change to sign up for an organisation windows 10