Windows 10: Change Windows 10 startup sound?

Discus and support Change Windows 10 startup sound? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im trying to change the startup sound on my wife's Windows 10 computer. This used to be easy as I could just go into the Sound Panel and just replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/no_penguins, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Change Windows 10 startup sound?

Im trying to change the startup sound on my wife's Windows 10 computer. This used to be easy as I could just go into the Sound Panel and just replace the .wav file for windows startup.

Not anymore. I looked up how to do it and found this - see below - and have done everything. Even though "play windows sound is checked, it shows the indicated wav I want and when tested it plays the correct sound it wont on startup.

Turn off Fast Startup

First, you should do is to turn off fast startup. In order to minimize startup time as much as possible, fast startup also causes Windows 10 to skip the startup sound. If you want to hear your computer’s startup sound at boot, you should turn off fast startup. Here is how to do it:

Step 1: Navigate to Power Options .

Step 2: Click Choose what the power buttons do. Then you should click Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Step 3: At the bottom of the window and you will see Turn on fast startup (recommended). Just uncheck the box to turn off Fast Startup Windows 10. Then click Save changes.

DONE

Step 1: Open the Run dialogue box and type regedit and click OK to open Registry Editor.

Step 2: Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/AppEvents/EventLabels. Locate WindowsLogon.

Step 3: Then click ExcludeFromCPL on WindowsLogon.

Step 4: Change the Value data from 1 to 0.

Now it is time to change default Windows 10 Startup Sound.

Note: You can use .wav files only. Other formats are not supported.

Step 5: Go to Windows Settings again and open Personalization > Themes.

Step 6: Click Sounds and scroll down the Program Events list. Locate the Windows Logon option, and click it. Then select Browse.

Step 7: Select the new file from the Windows Explorer window and click Apply, then click OK.

DONE

Thoughts? Comments? Help?

submitted by /u/no_penguins
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/no_penguins, Apr 4, 2020

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

Hello:

Your reply only refers to enabling the "Play Windows Startup sound," and the question asked was:

Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

How do you change the "Play Windows Startup sound? I can't seem to find the solution and I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank You,

Eric

Eric_Bernstein, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Change Windows 10 startup sound?

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Change Windows 10 startup sound?

1. Change Windows 10 startup sound? - Similar Threads - Change startup sound

2. Change the Windows startup sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the Windows startup sound: Hello,I just got a new laptop with Windows 11. While trying to personalize it, I keep running into a roadblock. One of the things I have always been able to do is to change the sound that plays when Windows starts. I cannot get that to happen with Windows 11. Under the sound...
  3. Change the Windows startup sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the Windows startup sound: Hello,I just got a new laptop with Windows 11. While trying to personalize it, I keep running into a roadblock. One of the things I have always been able to do is to change the sound that plays when Windows starts. I cannot get that to happen with Windows 11. Under the sound...
  4. Startup sound not changing on windows 111

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup sound not changing on windows 111: Hello!I am trying to change the default windows startup sound but I cant! I made sure to follow every instruction Win+r,l regedit.exe, change the value to 1, change the sound to my audio, click "apply", and restart but it still plays the default sound!I do not know how to fix...
  5. How to change Windows 10 startup sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Windows 10 startup sound: Does anyone know how to change the startup sound of Windows 10 Family ? I changed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels\WindowsLogon to 0 so i can browse another sound into log on sound in sound config but still doesn't work submitted by /u/F1K5 [link] [comments]...
  6. How to change the Startup sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Startup sound in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 goes down arguably as the easiest to use computer operating system around. […] This article How to change the Startup sound in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. changing startup sound win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing startup sound win 10: I have tried all the internet searched ways to change my startup sound. Not the windows login sound, or windows logoff sound. the startup sound. the parameter is checked in the sounds dialog. but there is no way to change it. In regedit the params are set to 0. Still no way...
  8. Changing Startup Sound

Changing Startup Sound: I have navigated myself to the System32 file and found the imageres.dll however, when i open the copied file in resourcehacker, the file doesnt show me the expanded version such as the wave. how can i allow this to be modified?...
  9. Windows 10 startup sound not changing

Windows 10 startup sound not changing: I'm trying to change the startup sound on my Windows 10 PC but it keeps playing the default sound even after changing it. I went into Registry Editor and changed ExcludeFromCPL value data to 0 on both WindowsLogon and WindowsLogoff. Then, I went into change system sounds,...
  10. Change Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10: How to: Change Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10 How to Change Startup Sound in Windows 10 Windows 10 can play a sound at startup to let you know it's loaded and ready. This tutorial will show you how to change the Windows Startup sound to play a WAV file you want...