Windows 10: Change Windows 10 Time Zone

Discus and support Change Windows 10 Time Zone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have no idea why the following command does not work and does not change the time zone to -5? Since when I set it manually to -5, the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Change Windows 10 Time Zone

Hi,
    I have no idea why the following command does not work and does not change the time zone to -5?
    Since when I set it manually to -5, the following key will be applied the same:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
    "TimeZoneKeyName"="Eastern Standard Time"

Any idea?
    Cheers.

:)

omidsolo, Nov 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 Calendar time zones

Hi,

You can change the time zone in Microsoft Outlook. When the time zone is changed, this is the same as changing the time zone in the Control Panel in Windows and the time zone in the Windows 10 Calendar app.In Outlook, You can add up to two time zones.

For more information, please check this article:
    Add, remove, or change time zones

Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Time Zone Change

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue got fixed.

Your efforts in fixing the issue is much appreciated.

Thank you for sharing the steps surely this may help other community members.

Keep us informed for any assistance with Windows, we are here to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Hi dear Brink, sorry my bad, it worked after restart!

omidsolo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Windows 10 Time Zone - Similar Threads - Change Zone

2. Time Zone changing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Zone changing when laptop lid is closed: The time changes to EST from MST every time my laptop lid is closed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone-changing-when-laptop-lid-is-closed/2a1f0705-c074-42d3-a565-628bedd6549e
  3. Windows time zone wrong/not saving when settings are changed.

Windows time zone wrong/not saving when settings are changed.: Hello all,I have spent the last 7 hours of my day researching this problem and trying to fix it, but quite literally every solution I have seen did not work. It is really irritating to have the time constantly set/reset to PST with no way to change it to how it should be CST,...
  4. Time zone keep changing on reboot

Time zone keep changing on reboot: My laptop time zone keeps changing on reboot. This has only happened for a few weeks and I suspect following a Windows Update. It changes to Central America -6 from GMT. It happens consistently on turning on or rebooting. I can change the time zone successfully via either...
  5. Time Zone change in Windows 10

Time Zone change in Windows 10: Hi, I am not able to change time zone logging as administrator. Not sure whats wrong. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone-change-in-windows-10/08281e3d-0148-40f3-b177-3be35da1bfa5
  6. Why can’t I change my time zone???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can’t I change my time zone???: Recently built a new PC (About 3 months ago) and I haven’t been able to change the time zone. Basically every time I change the time, it reverts back to pacific time with no error code. I only have one account on the system if it might be a permission thing. submitted by...
  7. My laptop's time zone keeps randomly changing itself to Eastern from Western, then randomly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop's time zone keeps randomly changing itself to Eastern from Western, then randomly...: Ive been having this issue with the laptop just completely randomly changing the time zone to Eastern. When I try to manually bring it back to Western it doesnt work and just flips back to eastern immediately after. I tried changing it in Control Center but it says I need...
  8. Can't change time zone on PC

Can't change time zone on PC: Whenever I select a different time zone in settings, it doesn't change the display time in the corner, and after choosing 'Set time zone automatically' or restarting my pc it sends it back to the wrong time zone it thinks I'm in. I've tried changing the time server, setting...
  9. Allow or block Standard Users from changing System Time and Time Zone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Allow or block Standard Users from changing System Time and Time Zone in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When a Standard user tries to change the system time or time zone, the […] This article Allow or block Standard Users from changing System Time and Time Zone in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Time Zone Keeps Changing

Time Zone Keeps Changing: Hi, my time zone keeps changing to ET I'm CT even when I do detect time zone automatically or when I set it to central manually. - This has been happening since I purchased the laptop a pretty much brand new lenovo thinkpad carbon x1 w/ windows 10 - Switching detect time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone change time zone in registry