Windows 10: Change windows 10 user folder

Discus and support Change windows 10 user folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some days ago my system got a weird error, and it created a new empty user folder called TEMP, which is now linked to my original user. The folder for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lcribeiro, Mar 3, 2019.

1. lcribeiro Win User

Change windows 10 user folder

Some days ago my system got a weird error, and it created a new empty user folder called TEMP, which is now linked to my original user. The folder for the original user is still there, but there are no other users to select from in the login screen. How can I change the user so it goes back to using the previous folder?

:)

lcribeiro, Mar 3, 2019
  2. newn Win User

Windows 7 - change user temp folder.

Hi all,
    i would like to change user temp folder, becausze i can't install Nero. How to do that? I know how to change Windows temp folder, but not user.

newn, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Change windows 10 user folder - Similar Threads - Change user folder

2. Changing the user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the user folder: Hi I am trying to change the folder name for one of my coworkers in windows 10. I have changed the user account name in control panel. However, that doesn't change the name in the file directory and that is what I want to do. It currently has a space but when my user is...
  3. Changing the user folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the user folder: Hi I am trying to change the folder name for one of my coworkers in windows 10. I have changed the user account name in control panel. However, that doesn't change the name in the file directory and that is what I want to do. It currently has a space but when my user is...
  4. Changing the user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change user folder name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change user folder name in Windows 10: Hi,I registered my Windows10 with a Microsoft account. Everything is working fine and I'm very happy. There is one little thing that makes mw crazy. My name is Enrico and Windows 10 has created my user folder with the name enric. I couldn't choose the name of this folder and...
  6. change windows 10 user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    change windows 10 user folder name: Hello, bought a windows computer for the first time since 2006.I signed in with my email and the user folder is the first 5 letters of my email, and I would prefer to change this to my name.How can I change the user folder name?...
  7. Change User Folder Name on Windows 10

Change User Folder Name on Windows 10: What the title is saying, how can I change my user folder name? I did some stuff from youtube, but it didn't work and pretty sure corrupted my user folder. It's back to normal now, but it's still the name. How can I change the User Folder Name?...
  8. Changing User Folder Name? Windows 10

Changing User Folder Name? Windows 10: Hey everyone! I'm writing this today because there's this VERY MINOR thing that's been bothering me. I recently upgraded my hard drive, and ever since redownloading windows, it didn't give me the option to name my user folder. Is it possible for me to change my user folder...
  9. change user folder name windows 10

change user folder name windows 10: how to change user folder name windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-user-folder-name-windows-10/5d8220df-6346-49cd-9378-f3d77d7cf82b"
  10. Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10: How to: Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10 How to Change the Name of a User Profile Folder in Windows 10 When signs in to the new account for the first time. A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you...