Windows 10: Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK

Discus and support Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it just me or does Windows 10 make it an absolute nightmare to change a previously saved password? Unfortunately we have rotating ridiculous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smf6c0, Nov 5, 2019.

1. /u/smf6c0 Win User

Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK

Is it just me or does Windows 10 make it an absolute nightmare to change a previously saved password? Unfortunately we have rotating ridiculous passwords like:

L<[_[)hKZs==wMW`2qB/ysE4Cr$L]~nJdG@_(CyHQP.7UxuyUaj&F{tD~?zdQ

But it also requires a user ID that is complex - long story short, copy paste from password manager is nearly impossible when using the taskbar version of connecting because it resets the fields each time the pane closes.

I've been through command line options of viewing network details etc, but can't seen to find a way to just CHANGE AN F-ING SAVED PASSWORD.

Thoroughly frustrated as it'd take 5 seconds in Keychain on my mac. Any help appreciated.

submitted by /u/smf6c0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/smf6c0, Nov 5, 2019

2. Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Changing my Wifi password

Hi,

To properly reconnect to the WiFi network, it is always advised to forget and reconnect to the network once the password is changed. However, you can follow these steps if you just want to update its password:

• Click the Windows key, then select Settings.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Under WiFi, click Change adapter options.
    • On the Network Connections window, click the WiFi connection.
    • Click the Wireless Properties tab.
    • Verify if your device is connected to the correct network.
    • Click Security.
    • Update the password under Network security key.
    • Click OK, then Close.

Once done, try to check if you are reconnected to the network.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK

Windows 10 won't connect to Internet after password change... but "forgetting" the wifi network and re-entering the password doesn't work

We changed the Wifi password and now my windows 10 won't connect. I've tried "forgetting" the network and entering the correct password, but it still refuses to connect, saying "no internet". I've tried turning the wifi on and off. I've tried restarting
    my PC.

All other devices work (phones, tablets, smart TV, other laptops).

SophieBristow, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK

1. Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK - Similar Threads - Change WiFi password

2. How to change password in network setting without forgetting network entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change password in network setting without forgetting network entirely: Hi,I currently work for an employer who has secure network facilities with new network password changed every week.Now my question is how do I change the required new password, without having to completely forget about the network and then reconnect.Is there a more efficient...
  3. How to change password in network setting without forgetting network entirely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change password in network setting without forgetting network entirely: Hi,I currently work for an employer who has secure network facilities with new network password changed every week.Now my question is how do I change the required new password, without having to completely forget about the network and then reconnect.Is there a more efficient...
  4. How to change password in network setting without forgetting network entirely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi: Ok, i had this issue for more than half an year but now i really can't stand it anymore so that's why i'm asking here. It all started randomly when i was running win 10 one day i noticed that my laptop asked me for my work wifi network, i didn't thought much of it and i typed...
  6. Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi: Ok, i had this issue for more than half an year but now i really can't stand it anymore so that's why i'm asking here. It all started randomly when i was running win 10 one day i noticed that my laptop asked me for my work wifi network, i didn't thought much of it and i typed...
  7. Help with forgetting wifi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with forgetting wifi network: Hi, any help would be appreciated. I am trying to log on to a wifi network that I my laptop is familiar with, but with a different username and password (I am a teaching intern and was using my teacher's profile, now I have my own). When I try to "forget" the network and...
  8. Forgetting WIFI Network from GP

Forgetting WIFI Network from GP: We've been experiencing a strange issue with our wireless settings being deployed through group policy. Computers will work fine and then suddenly disconnect from the wireless network and appear to forget the network. Plugging in and doing a gpupdate will fix it...
  9. How to change wifi password on Windows 10 without deleting it?

How to change wifi password on Windows 10 without deleting it?: It seems in W10 it is impossible to just change the password for a wifi. Now, my credentials have changed, though I cannot just change the password. Instead, I have to forget the network and set it up all from scratch. That is very ridiculous. It involves setting up user name...
  10. Windows 10 won't connect to Internet after password change... but "forgetting" the wifi...

Windows 10 won't connect to Internet after password change... but "forgetting" the wifi...: We changed the Wifi password and now my windows 10 won't connect. I've tried "forgetting" the network and entering the correct password, but it still refuses to connect, saying "no internet". I've tried turning the wifi on and off. I've tried restarting my PC. All other...