Windows 10: Change Windows 11 display interface language

Discus and support Change Windows 11 display interface language in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I may soon be a laptop that comes with Windows 11 Home, Single Language.However, the language of the country I temporarily work in is not my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Psyonic, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Psyonic Win User

Change Windows 11 display interface language

Hello. I may soon be a laptop that comes with Windows 11 Home, Single Language.However, the language of the country I temporarily work in is not my primary language. Is there any way to change the display interface language not the keyboard language?Do the instructions here Language packs for Windows microsoft.com apply? I'm guessing not, since the laptop comes with Windows 11 Home, Single Language.Is there any options? Such as purchasing the language pack I need from Microsoft, or upgrading to a Windows 11 edition that lets me change its language?Best regards.

:)

Psyonic, Nov 15, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 15, 2021
  3. How to change the System Interface Language?

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type Language in Search. Click on it to open.

• Then click on Add a Language if you have not.

• Click/tap on Options for an added language that has
      Windows display language: Available for download displayed.

• Under Windows display language,
      click/tap on the
      Download and install language pack link.

• If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on
      Yes.

• The language pack will now start to download and install.

• When the language pack is finished installing, click/tap on
      Close.

• You will notice that the added language now has
      Windows display language: Available displayed indicating that the language pack is installed and now available for you to use.
    For reference:

Change your language or keyboard:

Change your keyboard layout

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 15, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Change Windows 11 display interface language - Similar Threads - Change display interface

2. changing OS display language suddenly changes also every stock program interface language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing OS display language suddenly changes also every stock program interface language: I live in Estonia, but I prefer the English interface of OS and programs. That's why I set Windows Display Language to English the section "Language Settings" of OS settings. But as Estonian alphabet like Spanish, French, German etc includes every English alphabet symbol plus...
  3. changing OS display language suddenly changes also every stock program interface language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing OS display language suddenly changes also every stock program interface language: I live in Estonia, but I prefer the English interface of OS and programs. That's why I set Windows Display Language to English the section "Language Settings" of OS settings. But as Estonian alphabet like Spanish, French, German etc includes every English alphabet symbol plus...
  4. Change windows 11 single language display language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change windows 11 single language display language: I got a new notebook that came with windows 11 single language, i'm used to looking up every setting in english, and they're not showing up in windows search as most of the tools have different names in the local language, which is really incovenient. I need to change the...
  5. Change windows 11 single language display language

Change windows 11 single language display language: I got a new notebook that came with windows 11 single language, i'm used to looking up every setting in english, and they're not showing up in windows search as most of the tools have different names in the local language, which is really incovenient. I need to change the...
  6. Changing Windows 11 interface

Changing Windows 11 interface: After using Windows 11 for a couple of weeks I found I really don't like the interface at all. Many things that used to be point-and-click now requiretyping into some dialog box. I found several articles regarding how to configure Windows 11 to look more like Windows 10.They...
  7. Change Windows 11 display interface language

Change Windows 11 display interface language: Hello. I may soon be a laptop that comes with Windows 11 Home, Single Language.However, the language of the country I temporarily work in is not my primary language. Is there any way to change the display interface language not the keyboard language?Do the instructions here...
  8. How to change the Windows 11 display language

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Windows 11 display language: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system supports dozens of interface languages. The operating system comes with a specific interface language installed, but users may switch to another language using built-in options. You may have several reasons for wanting to change the...
  9. How to change Windows interface language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Windows interface language: Hi i have a problem with changing the interface language on my laptop. So as i can see from the system my MS license covers only one interface language and currently it is russian. But i need to switch into english. I can change the input language etc but the interface is...
  10. Windows doesn't change the user language interface

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't change the user language interface: I would like to fully change the language of my computer to English (US). I have already changed the region, time, keyboard etc.. everything to English (US) and for some reason Spanish (Spain) keeps being the system language. I've tried different solutions but none have...