Windows 10: Change Windows 11 Start Menu

Discus and support Change Windows 11 Start Menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; >>Change Windows 11 Start Menu<<Is there a way to have Windows 11 Pro display the Start Menu as it is in Windows 10? In 10 it appears on the left. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert H Snow, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Change Windows 11 Start Menu

>>Change Windows 11 Start Menu<<Is there a way to have Windows 11 Pro display the Start Menu as it is in Windows 10? In 10 it appears on the left. I also would like it to have all the subfolders as in 10.Bob

:)

Robert H Snow, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Bert22306 Win User

Windows 11 Start menu

Yes, live tiles are gone, in Windows 11, as is the capability of resizing the start menu, or for that matter, to relocate the task bar. I haven't a clue why Microsoft changed some of these things, or why they thought it was an improvement. Possibly, though, some of these features will be re-introduced in future feature updates.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/features-deprecated-or-removed-in-windows-11

The Start menu will be rejuvenated in Windows 11 and there will be few old features that will be removed. You will see the following functions to be gone from the Start menu in Windows 11:

1. Live Tiles will no longer be available. There won’t be dynamic previews in the Start menu.
    2. Pinned apps or sites won’t be mitigated when you upgrade from Windows 10.
    3. Named groups and folders of apps are not supported. And also, the size of the layout can’t be adjusted currently.
    I think that word "mitigated" should have been "migrated." In fact, the start menu comes full of apps you probably don't care about, and instead has none of the pinned icons you do care about. But it's easy enough to remove some of the unneeded icons, and re-pin your needed ones.

Also note that to see the complete list of apps, you have to click that small nondescript button, on the upper right of the start menu. Another thoroughly questionable change, in Windows 11.

My own preference is to only introduce changes which improve the product. Make it more intuitive, easier, faster at accomplishing the usual tasks. Instead, in Windows 11 and also in Office updated versions, we often see "change for the sake of change," not "change to something improved."

Bert22306, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Change Windows 11 Start Menu

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Change Windows 11 Start Menu

1. Change Windows 11 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Change Start Menu

2. windows 11 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 start menu: Yesterday i did an in-place upgrade on my windows 11 laptop the next day when i turn it on my taskbar looks like this and my start menu isnt working and i have task alignment settings missing please help....
  3. Windows 11 start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 start menu: I've just updated to windows 11 and have lost all the sites I had on the start menu,how can I get them back, or re pin them to the start, I've looked at MS docs for information on how to add things and it's not much help. it talks about MDM and intune policy, which I don't...
  4. Change Windows 11 Start Menu

Change Windows 11 Start Menu: >>Change Windows 11 Start Menu<<Is there a way to have Windows 11 Pro display the Start Menu as it is in Windows 10? In 10 it appears on the left. I also would like it to have all the subfolders as in 10.Bob...
  5. Windows 11 version 22H2: Start Menu changes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 version 22H2: Start Menu changes: Microsoft reduced the functionality of several core operating system areas when it launched the Windows 11 operating system. One of these was the redesigned Start Menu, which I called barely usable in 2021. [ATTACH] Microsoft removed quite a bit of functionality from the...
  6. Windows 11 Start Menu

Windows 11 Start Menu: So I got a new laptop and of course it was cursed with Windows 11 My question is this who is the twit at microsoft that decided to mess with the start menus again. Didn't you learn from your mistakes with Windows 8 when you screwed up the start menus last? Then I found the...
  7. Registry Change doesn't revert Windows 11 Start Menu to Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Change doesn't revert Windows 11 Start Menu to Windows 10 Start Menu: I went to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer' in the registry and added a new DWORD 32-Bit value, made sure it was HEX and named it Start_ShowClassicMode, and set the value of that to 1, yet after restarting my PC, the start menu never changed...
  8. Registry Change doesn't revert Windows 11 Start Menu to Windows 10 Start Menu

Registry Change doesn't revert Windows 11 Start Menu to Windows 10 Start Menu: I went to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer' in the registry and added a new DWORD 32-Bit value, made sure it was HEX and named it Start_ShowClassicMode, and set the value of that to 1, yet after restarting my PC, the start menu never changed...
  9. Windows 11 start menu

Windows 11 start menu: I've been facing this problem for a long time since I installed Windows 11 on my computer. Some start menu recommendations recent PDF files appear with blank icons. I don't know why this happens, but I tried installing Adobe Reader, and then it fixed itself and all PDFs were...
  10. Start Menu Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...