Windows 10: Change Windows Administrator without login info

Discus and support Change Windows Administrator without login info in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello- one of my former employees somehow became the windows administrator of my business computer. I need to get her out of there asap, but cant... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Danielle380, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Change Windows Administrator without login info

Hello- one of my former employees somehow became the windows administrator of my business computer. I need to get her out of there asap, but cant because I obviously dont know her password. How can I change this immediately so she no longer controls our computer? Thank you

:)

Danielle380, Apr 7, 2022

2. Administrator forgot password and/or is not working anymore, cannot login

Hi Paul,

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I suggest you to boot through Windows 10 recovery media, then open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt and try to login though Built in Administrator.

4. Change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 7, 2022
  3. Error: "You need administrator privileges to make the changes" on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about administrator privileges to your user account. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you tried to change the user account to administrator?
    • Have you logged in as an administrator using Microsoft account on your device?
    • Have you enabled Built-in administrator account?

Try the below steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

I suggest you to check the user account and their types on your device.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Check if there are any other user accounts on your device as an administrator.

Step 1: If you have an account with administrative privileges login through that account and try the following steps to change the user account type:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Select Group Membership tab and select the type of user account.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Step 2: If you are a local user, I suggest you to convert the local account to Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2022
  4. otosnede Win User

Change Windows Administrator without login info

User account info lost after changing login email

Change Windows Administrator without login info [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

Change Windows Administrator without login info

1. Change Windows Administrator without login info - Similar Threads - Change Administrator without

2. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  3. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  4. How to change Standard to Administrator login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Standard to Administrator login.: I am unable to login my administrator account using my login credentials. i want to change standard to administrator account. kindly help me. During installing any apps error message reflects and telling login with admin user id password but i am unable to login with this...
  5. How to change Standard to Administrator login.

How to change Standard to Administrator login.: I am unable to login my administrator account using my login credentials. i want to change standard to administrator account. kindly help me. During installing any apps error message reflects and telling login with admin user id password but i am unable to login with this...
  6. Change Windows Administrator without login info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows Administrator without login info: Hello- one of my former employees somehow became the windows administrator of my business computer. I need to get her out of there asap, but cant because I obviously dont know her password. How can I change this immediately so she no longer controls our computer? Thank you...
  7. Change Windows Administrator without login info

Change Windows Administrator without login info: Hello- one of my former employees somehow became the windows administrator of my business computer. I need to get her out of there asap, but cant because I obviously dont know her password. How can I change this immediately so she no longer controls our computer? Thank you...
  8. cannot change accounts or login as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot change accounts or login as administrator: Can only login with one account. Cannot access other accounts or sigin as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-accounts-or-login-as-administrator/8677c47e-4b7b-4805-b7ad-fc2da8a3a79a
  9. Changing my login to full administrator?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my login to full administrator?: Good afternoon good people. I seem to be having an issue. I need to add something to the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\etc Host file and am having a hell of a time. I am the only user on the computer and am unable to change it so I have complete control and am able to...
  10. Change administrators name and info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change administrators name and info: I just bought a used computer that the previous users info is still on. I have the administrators password and would like to delete the previous owners info in the administrator profile and repolace it with my own. How can I accomplish this?...