Windows 10: Change Windows default email action?

Discus and support Change Windows default email action? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used Gmail in Chrome to send/receive my email. When I click on an email address that is on a website or anywhere else, Windows by default opens it's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Agunat, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Agunat Win User

Change Windows default email action?

I used Gmail in Chrome to send/receive my email. When I click on an email address that is on a website or anywhere else, Windows by default opens it's own email window and wants me to use that rather than Gmail to send & receive messages. I want no part of that and would like to shut off Windows bringing up that Window by default or better yet bring up my Gmail/Chrome window. How do I shut off this default? Suggestion, please.

Thanks in advance... Bob

:)

Agunat, Jun 27, 2018

2. "There is no associated email program to perform the requested action,install an email program or,if one is already installed,create an association in the Default Programs control panel"

Hello,

I suggest you to create an ssociate in the default apps and check if this helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From left pane select Default apps.
    • Under Email choose a default app and check if this helps.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 27, 2018
  3. setting for default action when replacing file

Is there a windows 10 setting that changes the default action when a file by the same name replaces it? Currently my PC appends (1) or (2) etc which causes me to have to do a lot of extra steps.

rtischer8277, Jun 27, 2018
  4. jalea148 Win User

there is no email program associated to perform the requested action

I'm sure what you mean re User Accounts what is listed under Mail. There were no mail references. Same with Set defaults by app.
    Change Windows default email action? [​IMG]

jalea148, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Windows default email action? - Similar Threads - Change default email

2. Change Default Windows Email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Windows Email address: Hey guys, I've been trying for hours to change my default windows login for my laptop. The only option its giving me is to change which account is an administrator but there doesnt seem to be an option for deleting the default email address and adding a new one. Im not...
  3. Default Actions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Actions: How can I change the default actions taken when plugging in USB devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-actions/d26e20ea-7007-4296-9813-32faca0edb64
  4. changing default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing default email: When opening mail app, Windows opens with Outlook. I want the App to open with my att.net email. How do I change the default in order to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-email/8d8a7815-a2cb-4d3e-b730-e1ce1a3de3cc
  5. changing default email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing default email: I have an email that I use as a default and the backup email is long gone and we don't remember the password anymore how do we change the email now instead of waiting till a certain date....
  6. change default email program ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default email program ?: how to change default email program from outlook to win 10 app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-email-program/b146b8b3-2491-48c1-bcc0-499ac61cfc82"
  7. Changing Explorer Default Action

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Explorer Default Action: For htm files, the default windows action is Open. Click on it and it opens the file in your browser. Problem is I don't want to do this. I want to edit the htm file, but I can't seem to find anything to change the default. This doesn't seem to be an option anywhere. I could...
  8. Changing email default.

in Browsers and Email
    Changing email default.: I am attempting (my first attempt) to use mail merge. All goes ok until the very last where the system wants to default to Microsoft Outlook to send the emails away. I currently use Windows Live Mail. I do not wish to change my default to Outlook. How do I change the settings...
  9. Change Drag and Drop Default Action in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Drag and Drop Default Action in Windows: How to: Change Drag and Drop Default Action in Windows How to Change Default Drag and Drop Action in Windows [img] Information When you drag and drop files and folders in Windows, they will get moved or copied by default based on the source and destination locations....
  10. Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10: How to: Change Lid Close Default Action in Windows 10 How to Change Default Action of Closing Lid in Windows 10 The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is closed. Users can specify one of the following actions to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change windows action to mail

2. send to default action

3. change drag and drop setting for email in outlook