Windows 10: Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing

Discus and support Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, Not too sure what this is called, but how do I reduce the height (marked as the red line in the screenshot) without affecting the breadcrumb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by krytoned, Dec 4, 2020.

1. krytoned Win User

Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing

Hi there,

Not too sure what this is called, but how do I reduce the height (marked as the red line in the screenshot) without affecting the breadcrumb font size? Also how do I increase the spacing in the dropdown, as they look real cramped up to me..

Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing [​IMG]

:)

krytoned, Dec 4, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10

Hello,

How do you reduce the height of the Windows Explorer Address bar. For example, my address bar appears as:

Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing 4cc0c38f-075f-4a85-ba71-f2b862be2e76?upload=true.png

As you can see, there is a large amount of padding between the text ("My Computer" in this case) and top/bottom borders.

I've tried adjusting resolution and the scaling settings. I'm running Windows 10, all current updates are applied.

Have verified on two other laptops I have and the padding issue does not exist on either one.

Issue only appears in the Address bar, height is good everywhere else.

Thanks for any help!

Robert Litvack, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Using the file explorer address bar

I typed an entry incorrectly into the File Explorer address bar and it gave me a dropdown menu underneath giving me the option to search for it so I selected to search for it (in the address bar not the Search box on the far right).
    I then got a Windows Security window which said Connect to Bing.com (with connecting to Bing.com underneath it). The window was asking for a Username and Password. What username and password was it requesting?... because I clicked on Cancel and was taken to Bing search. Is this normal behaviour? Its something I've never come across before.
    What is the Search option that comes up in the address bar dropdown menu capable of searching for..because it took me straight to Bing?

sportsfan148, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Farvatten Win User

Using the file explorer address bar

I don't remember seeing this before either. Perhaps now what happens when using a local account?

Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing [​IMG]

Farvatten, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Change windows explorer address bar height and dropdown spacing - Similar Threads - Change explorer address

2. How to change font height in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change font height in windows explorer: Hi all,I would like to know if it's possible to change the font height of the file and folder names in Windows Explorer, and if so, how to do it. Google doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about.Graham...
  3. How to change font height in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change font height in windows explorer: Hi all,I would like to know if it's possible to change the font height of the file and folder names in Windows Explorer, and if so, how to do it. Google doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about.Graham...
  4. what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?: This pops up all the time when I click the address bar to ctrl+c the current path, how do I stop it? whatever tab I'm on, that dropdown will show that tabs path but it will then persist on every tab with the same path, not the path of the current tab, so if I click on it...
  5. what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?

what is the weird dropdown below the address bar in file explorer?: This pops up all the time when I click the address bar to ctrl+c the current path, how do I stop it? whatever tab I'm on, that dropdown will show that tabs path but it will then persist on every tab with the same path, not the path of the current tab, so if I click on it...
  6. File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths: Hi,How is the number paths in File Explorer's address bar dropdown controlled? I have not been able to find any information on this. For me recently upgraded to Windows 11, I only see 2-3 paths which is nearly useless. I would like to set the number of recent paths that are...
  7. File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths

File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths: Hi,How is the number paths in File Explorer's address bar dropdown controlled? I have not been able to find any information on this. For me recently upgraded to Windows 11, I only see 2-3 paths which is nearly useless. I would like to set the number of recent paths that are...
  8. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?: [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:...
  9. Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Address Bar Height in Windows 10: Hello, How do you reduce the height of the Windows Explorer Address bar. For example, my address bar appears as: [ATTACH] As you can see, there is a large amount of padding between the text "My Computer" in this case and top/bottom borders. I've tried adjusting...
  10. Windows Explorer Address Bar Width Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Address Bar Width Change: I don't know why but the address bar on Windows Explorer suddenly changed after I restarted "Windows Explorer" from Task Manager as the taskbar was acting up. The width of the address and search bar suddenly increased. I will admit to using Winaero Tweaker to change the...