Windows 10: Change windows file explorer font size in list view

Discus and support Change windows file explorer font size in list view in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am visually impaired. I prefer using Mac because I can make my cursor size a lot larger than I can on my PC. I have both a Mac and a Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kevinpleong, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Change windows file explorer font size in list view

I am visually impaired. I prefer using Mac because I can make my cursor size a lot larger than I can on my PC. I have both a Mac and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro. I have looked this question up and they say that I should go to settings>System>Display they tell me to change the scale and layout settings. When I change the size of the text, apps, and other items it changes the whole screen and I don't believe that it changes the size of the list view either. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

kevinpleong, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Does it happen only with your File Explorer?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of the item that you want the font or the box to be adjusted?
    For the meantime, if you simply want to change the font size, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings.
    • In the Settings, choose System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • In Change only the text size drop-down, choose Icons. Adjust what size you prefer and click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Aug 26, 2019
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Change windows file explorer font size in list view

Windows 10 changing Font

06-18-2017

latest W10 update steps 3 and 4 are not available.

I need to increase the font size in explorer so I can read my file names. magnifier sucks my screen keeps moving around and I drag stuff where i dont want it.

every time there is an update my settings get removed and there are no help files for months.

Please follow the steps in order to change the fonts.

To change the font size in desktop:

• Tap Start button.
    • Type Fonts.
    • Select “View Installed Fonts”.
    • Select “Change Font Size”.
    • There is a drop down. "Title Bar" with another drop down to its right showing point size numbers.

RichardNordby, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Change windows file explorer font size in list view

1. Change windows file explorer font size in list view - Similar Threads - Change file explorer

2. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  3. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  4. Font Size Problem in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Size Problem in File Explorer: When is Microsoft going to fix the tiny font size problem in File Explorer? This is ridiculous and frustrating! How many millions of users need to complain before "you guys" listen and fix this very annoying problem?...
  5. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  6. changing font size in file explorer, windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing font size in file explorer, windows 10: How do I change the font size in File Explorer, using window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-size-in-file-explorer-windows-10/5eab0483-a430-4de1-a5ba-9956ddbeedd7
  7. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font size in File Explorer: How can I increase the font size in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-in-file-explorer/ea1def19-1e9e-406e-bb9e-61defda02b64"
  8. Change font size in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change font size in Windows Explorer: Hello, In Windows explorer the fonts (text) are very small and I want to change the size / enlarge them. While searching for a solution, I found right on this forum this "changing the system font size in windows explorer Solved - Windows 10 Forums". Following the...
  9. Font size in files and folders explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Font size in files and folders explorer: Hello, How can I resize the text in windows explorer - files and folders, the fonts are so small I can hardly see them with my eyeglasses. Please help. Thanks And thanks for all previous answers 48919
  10. changing the system font size in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    changing the system font size in windows explorer: Hello, Just wondered if anybody knows how you change the size of the font in windows explorer, I do not wish to increase/decrease the screen's overall DPI. anybody else having the same problem. Thanks Sam 33163

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 11 Explorer change font size