Windows 10: change windows system drive

Discus and support change windows system drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi.I got new ssd.Can i move my windows system from one hard disk to another in my case to ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Evaldas Tru, Feb 27, 2024.

1. change windows system drive

Hi.I got new ssd.Can i move my windows system from one hard disk to another in my case to ssd

:)

Evaldas Tru, Feb 27, 2024
  2. hootie Win User

How to change SYSTEM drive letter to C from another letter

I am working on a step by step process to fix the computer for windows 11 upgrade. (Currently have Windows 10) This was a built PC, but when my friend installed the OS for me somehow the windows install drive became the F drive. Here is a view of disk management I want to do the following (believe I need to do in this order).
    1. Move windows install drive letter from F to C
    2. Fix it so bootloader is MBR / on the SSD
    Afraid of just changing the letter in disk management as the system will look for system files in the f-drive. I do have AOMEI partition assistant installed if that is useful for this task. I really appreciate any help in how to do it.

hootie, Feb 27, 2024
  3. little cat, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Batou1986 Win User

change windows system drive

Change partition as system and to drive C

you cant change the drive letter of the system drive in windows.

Batou1986, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

change windows system drive

1. change windows system drive - Similar Threads - change system drive

2. change windows system drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change windows system drive: Hi.I got new ssd.Can i move my windows system from one hard disk to another in my case to ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-system-drive/75b8d9df-a1fd-4703-90ec-fb79dd0eb4c9
  3. Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.: I recently performed a custom installation of Windows to get rid of another problem I was having. It left a SYSTEM D: drive in my files that I can't access. When I tried to plugged in my external hard drive, it defaulted to an E: drive letter. This messed with some paths for...
  4. Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.: I recently performed a custom installation of Windows to get rid of another problem I was having. It left a SYSTEM D: drive in my files that I can't access. When I tried to plugged in my external hard drive, it defaulted to an E: drive letter. This messed with some paths for...
  5. Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Secondary drive marked as "System" and I need to change it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary drive marked as "System" and I need to change it.: Hello, my secondary HDD APPS A: it's flagged as system and I want to change it to my SSD WINDOWS C:How can I do this? There is no option in DiskPart to do this......
  7. Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive: When I buil my pc I got a 256 gb sata ssd and a 1tb hdd. Obviously the ssd was the drive where I installed windows on. But after some time now the system drive is kimd of full. I also got a 1tb nvme ssd just to have more space and would like to move all the system files over....
  8. Microsoft Store asks me to change to system drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store asks me to change to system drive: I've been attempting to update the Alienware Control Centre that manages my keyboard RGB from the Microsoft Store. However, the update errors out, notifying me that the app must be install to the system drive. Even if I change the setting to allow this, the Microsoft Store...
  9. how to change boot drive to ssd drive from system drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change boot drive to ssd drive from system drive: My widows 10 computer crashed and would not boot. I lost my recovery disk and borrowed one from my spouse. Her system booted from a system drive while my system booted from a SSD drive. After recovering my computer, it no longer boots from the SSD drive. What is the best...
  10. Change default selected drives for creating system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Change default selected drives for creating system image: Hello, I'm trying to make a system image, but windows 10 automatically selects a drive that isn't needed for the system image. Since it is grayed out, I can't deselect it. I only want to image my C:, D: and system reserve drives. The program keeps adding my E: drive which...