Windows 10: Change WIndows Update language set via hidden account

Discus and support Change WIndows Update language set via hidden account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows update messages are coming in Hungarian, since I bought my PC in Hungary. I have set the admin and language of all visible users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lee Gee 23, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Change WIndows Update language set via hidden account

My Windows update messages are coming in Hungarian, since I bought my PC in Hungary.

I have set the admin and language of all visible users to English in every documented way, but I guess the language is over-ridden by a hidden account:

net user

User accounts for \\STUDIO
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alapértelmezett fiók godda ilona
    leege Paula Rendszergazda
    Vendég WDAGUtilityAccount

The command completed successfully.

Of those accounts, I did not create and do not wish to retain 'Rendszergazda', 'Vendég', or 'Alapértelmezett fiók' -- but I cannot delete them, even when running a shell as an admin:

net user 'Alapértelmezett fiók' /DELETE

The syntax of this command is....

I've tried the methods listed here: https://www.top-password.com/blog/5-ways-to-delete-a-local-account-in-windows-10/

Please advise!

Many thanks in anticipation

Lee

:)

Lee Gee 23, Sep 23, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Ok, so finally my brother installed Windows 8.1, but it changed the display language to english (from swedish), and he can't change it back.

Uncle Google tells me some people have this problem if they have changed the language prior to the update (if they bought it abroad or something), but this is a Toshiba laptop bought in Sweden, and the language have never been changed.

The fixes I've found is to manually download the language pack files and install them in clean boot, but the only direct links I've found is for english language packs. Others say you have to set all language settings to the original language, and then you can change, but the original language is swedish so ....

The problem is he lives about 1000km from me, so I can't actually work with the laptop (unless we do some remote desktop magic).

Any ideas? It's Windows 8 Pro btw.

Frick, Sep 23, 2019
  4. mandewho Win User

Change WIndows Update language set via hidden account

Updated Twitter app changed language. Unable to return to English

I used the previous version of the twitter app on windows 10 without problems. My preferred language was English and so was the interface. After updating to the new version of the app, the app now has an interface in Hebrew and displays from right to left. I've done all I could think of to change it back to English and left-to-right direction but nothing works.

• The language selected in the app Settings is English.
    • The Windows 10 display language is English
    • I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, both through Apps and Features and PowerShell. The newly installed app immediately logs into my twitter account. Since I completely removed the app from the pc, where does the app take that login info from? Are there settings files hidden somewhere that control the way the app behaves and even override the in-app language settings?
    • I even searched the registry for my login info but didn't find anything meaningful.
    • I also tried changing locale in windows itself. It too didn't work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

mandewho, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Change WIndows Update language set via hidden account

1. Change WIndows Update language set via hidden account - Similar Threads - Change Update language

2. Keyboard is changing settings not language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard is changing settings not language: Hi, Every so often 2-3 times a day my keyboard is changing settings and is no longer usable. For example none of the letter keys type anything, a shortcut to closer a browser for example ctrl + w does not work and escape button opens a new file explorer page. I've gone into...
  3. Keyboard is changing settings not language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is changing settings not language: Hi, Every so often 2-3 times a day my keyboard is changing settings and is no longer usable. For example none of the letter keys type anything, a shortcut to closer a browser for example ctrl + w does not work and escape button opens a new file explorer page. I've gone into...
  4. Hidden keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden keyboard language: I use W10 64bit. When I use the keyboard, I see three different keyboard layouts, i.e. three different languages. I want do delete one of them. However, when I open settings/time and language/language all I see is only 2 layouts. The one that I wish to delete is not shown....
  5. Hidden keyboard language

Hidden keyboard language: I use W10 64bit. When I use the keyboard, I see three different keyboard layouts, i.e. three different languages. I want do delete one of them. However, when I open settings/time and language/language all I see is only 2 layouts. The one that I wish to delete is not shown....
  6. hidden language in preferred languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hidden language in preferred languages: so I have trouble removing Arabic 102 Algeria help I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthandDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthand sfc /scannowand the system doesnt recognize it...
  7. hidden language in preferred languages

hidden language in preferred languages: so I have trouble removing Arabic 102 Algeria help I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthandDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthand sfc /scannowand the system doesnt recognize it...
  8. Removing a Hidden Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a Hidden Language: On Windows 10, I am unable to remove the DutchNetherlands language from the language preferences tab in the taskbar. I have enabled both English UK and English US and have deleted DutchNL language through Settings. The language does not show in the "Preferred Languages"...
  9. I changed the language to dutch via settings. How on earth is half of windows still in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed the language to dutch via settings. How on earth is half of windows still in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/readdituser007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0o4nj/i_changed_the_language_to_dutch_via_settings_how/
  10. How to change Windows language settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Windows language settings?: I couldn’t change Windows language settings, I even couldn’t change language when working with Windows. Can you tell me what the matter is?...