Windows 10: Change Windows update message and default option in the message

Discus and support Change Windows update message and default option in the message in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I want to change Windows Update notification pop-up message and default key. Right now when windows has installed the updates and need to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ali.A.D, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Ali.A.D Win User

Change Windows update message and default option in the message

Hi

I want to change Windows Update notification pop-up message and default key.

Right now when windows has installed the updates and need to be restarted, shows a message and default choose is to Restart, I want to change it to close the message.

I know it is possible in Linux, but is it possible to do that in Windows?

I really appreciate if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Ali.A.D, Jan 11, 2019
  2. bogmali Win User

Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Change Windows update message and default option in the message

Restore the default option of "File is open in another program" message

Hi Mohammad,

We appreciate the details you shared. About your query in restoring the default option "File is open in another program" message, this is most likely to happen due to a certain setting previously disabled on your Folder View options. To rectify your issue,
    follow these steps:

• Using Windows Search, type File Explorer Options.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the View tab, click Restore Defaults.
    • Click Apply.
    • Hit OK.

This will allow you to revert to the settings previously applied to your files and folders. Afterwards, restart your device and check if you will see this message prompt when opening files in another program.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Change Windows update message and default option in the message

1. Change Windows update message and default option in the message - Similar Threads - Change update message

2. Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.: I have Windows 11 - when I select an email link embedded in a message or other notification I am sent to Windows webmail for my response. I would prefer to use Outlook. How do I change the default so my system directs email links so they go to my Outlook account?...
  3. Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.: I have Windows 11 - when I select an email link embedded in a message or other notification I am sent to Windows webmail for my response. I would prefer to use Outlook. How do I change the default so my system directs email links so they go to my Outlook account?...
  4. Windows update message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update message: Windows 10 pro. Updates work but get message "some settings are managed by your organization". There are no policies in gpe that are configured. I removed all registry keys in Windowsupdate\AU except default and that message in quotations goes away in windows updates and they...
  5. Windows update message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update message: Windows 10 pro. Updates work but get message "some settings are managed by your organization". There are no policies in gpe that are configured. I removed all registry keys in Windowsupdate\AU except default and that message in quotations goes away in windows updates and they...
  6. Windows update message.

Windows update message.: I have all updates done automatically. The update page still shows "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" in red but there is nothing showing that tells me what is required....
  7. Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004: Hi there folks, Having previously been encouraged to download 2004 update from within Windows update (and subsequent failures to install as detailed on an earlier thread) I now get the changed message on windows update, "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  8. Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004: Hi there folks, Having previously been encouraged to download 2004 update from within Windows update (and subsequent failures to install as detailed on an earlier thread) I now get the changed message on windows update, "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  9. Update message not changing

Update message not changing: I have the message "Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" When I click on "Check for Updates", it finds none and...
  10. Windows Update Message??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Message??: I am not sure what should I do with this message? I was checking to see if any new Windows Update in Update and Security but got the yellow message popped up. Here is below: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. I am not sure what device is missing?...