Windows 10: Change WindowsApps Install location to a specific folder

Discus and support Change WindowsApps Install location to a specific folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I was wondering if there's any way to change the install location to a specific folder and not just to a different drive? I changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RoikaLoL, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Change WindowsApps Install location to a specific folder

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there's any way to change the install location to a specific folder and not just to a different drive? I changed the install location for WindowsApps from the default one to a different hard drive but since I have a specific folder structure set up, I want them to not be simply installed on D:\ but rather on D:\Folder\WindowsApps. Is there any way to accomplish this?

thanks!

submitted by /u/RoikaLoL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RoikaLoL, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 19, 2020
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Change WindowsApps Install location to a specific folder

WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Change WindowsApps Install location to a specific folder

1. Change WindowsApps Install location to a specific folder - Similar Threads - Change WindowsApps Install

2. How to change install location to a specific folder on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change install location to a specific folder on Microsoft Store: I wish to change the default install location for apps/games to a specfic folder on my C: drive because of how I set up my partitions. I have a second internal ssd, and it is mounted onto C:\Games. when going to settings to try and change it, it just says the C: drive, and...
  3. How to change install location to a specific folder on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change install location to a specific folder on Microsoft Store: I wish to change the default install location for apps/games to a specfic folder on my C: drive because of how I set up my partitions. I have a second internal ssd, and it is mounted onto C:\Games. when going to settings to try and change it, it just says the C: drive, and...
  4. Installing windows in specific location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing windows in specific location: I'm getting a new PC with a single drive. However I want to seperate windows installation and my games. Is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-in-specific-location/c2679a2d-8f3e-49e8-b67a-92a6bf28a0e2
  5. Installing windows in specific location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows in specific location: I'm getting a new PC with a single drive. However I want to seperate windows installation and my games. Is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-in-specific-location/c2679a2d-8f3e-49e8-b67a-92a6bf28a0e2
  6. Installing windows in specific location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.

I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.: Recently I have been trying to add mods to a game called No Mans Sky, but to do that you need to delete a specific txt file in side of the game data file. It doesn't let me delete no matter what I do, I have tried taking owner ship of the file but it does not allow me. The...
  8. WindowsApp Folder on F drive can not be set a app installation location.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApp Folder on F drive can not be set a app installation location.: When I try to set my F drive as the default install location for apps, I get an error saying "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" After clicking Yes I get a new error saying "The operation...
  9. Can't change Windows Store install location because of old WindowsApps folder on the drive.

Can't change Windows Store install location because of old WindowsApps folder on the drive.: So I've had this issue with the WindowsApp folder, when trying to change location or move installed apps from my C: drive to my E: drive I get the following. [ATTACH] I click YES to continue, [ATTACH] I have searched around and found the following:...
  10. cant change windowsapps folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant change windowsapps folder name: i wanted to delete it so i could install gamepass games, but i need to change the name of the folder to be able to delete it. When i try to delete it it says that i need permission from everyone even thought its the only account in my pc. submitted by /u/NachoSeventeen...