Windows 10: Changed a setting, and now I get blue screen of death

Discus and support Changed a setting, and now I get blue screen of death in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was looking for a way to give my pc a bit of a performance boost, without spending any money. So i changed a setting in control panel and now my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WillComerford, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Changed a setting, and now I get blue screen of death

I was looking for a way to give my pc a bit of a performance boost, without spending any money. So i changed a setting in control panel and now my pc will not boot. I made sure to create a restore point prior to changing the setting, but the problem is i forgot the password for my account. So that means i cant restore my pc to the way it was. Ive tried to enter safe mode and all of the other start up settings in the troublshoot section of the blue screen of death, but to no success. I really do not want to reset my pc. And i also do not know whether reinstalling windows will delete my programs and the entire layout of my pc and saved progress of my applications.

:)

WillComerford, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Changed a setting, and now I get blue screen of death

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Changed a setting, and now I get blue screen of death

1. Changed a setting, and now I get blue screen of death - Similar Threads - Changed setting blue

2. Getting Blue Screen of death repeatedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Blue Screen of death repeatedly.: Hi,My one month old Lenovo Thinkpad ideapad 3i is having repeated blue screen of death with different error codes regularly. I have updated windows and also have updated all the drivers to latest version. I had ran a memtest on the device and it returned no errors. I will add...
  3. Getting blue screen of death loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting blue screen of death loop: Everything started when i quited one app annd then my pc froze and i got black screen for few secondes and everything was working fine then i opened up game and i had 2 fps in main menu what is wierd and i looked up at task manager and my gpu was just using 20% and then i...
  4. Getting blue screen of death loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting blue screen of death loop: Everything started when i quited one app annd then my pc froze and i got black screen for few secondes and everything was working fine then i opened up game and i had 2 fps in main menu what is wierd and i looked up at task manager and my gpu was just using 20% and then i...
  5. Getting a blue screen of death randomly

Getting a blue screen of death randomly: description says it all. Ill come back to my computer and its frozen, or blue screened. I looked at the WinDBG and have the info but I am a little confused on how to read it? Any help would be greatly appreicated. I am fearing it is something but I would rather have...
  6. I keep getting the blue screen of death

I keep getting the blue screen of death: Hi, my computer has crashed a few times recently. I have attached a link to the dump files. If anybody could help that would be much appreciated. Thank you. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuIzJxz04AzfhCmhRbkIH9AaYpPX?e=ghhVgT dump files...
  7. Keep getting Blue Screen of Death

Keep getting Blue Screen of Death: Hello, I keep getting BSOD randomly on my computer. I have ran memtest, GPU tests, CPU test and Intel tests and Hard Drive test softwares and have not found any issues each time I run them. I have a few mini dumps from each one if anyone can help me out. Thanks in...
  8. I keep getting blue screen of deaths!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I keep getting blue screen of deaths!: Hello, So I just got this PC upgraded just a few months back and now im getting a BSOD very frequently, can anyone advice me on what is happening? Anything would be appreciated! Here are my minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqkzoBes_0XlhgeaHcl0S7HNNNa8?e=DFawNR...
  9. I am getting Blue Screens of Death

I am getting Blue Screens of Death: I am getting blue screens of death. I am attaching a link to the dumps and system info. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W6VTMNd7ykcdGyGhigPZ1bongMPkZanR/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A69vuzb8BAyby6B8z4DNOveU5Omdp61r/view?usp=sharing Damon...
  10. I keep getting a blue screen of death

I keep getting a blue screen of death: Last night my computer got a blue screen of death error. And now I repeatedly get a blue screen once an hour. I can barely stay online long enough to try and chat with someone for help. I have already restarted my computer with advanced options, but keeping my files. I still...