Windows 10: changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...

Discus and support changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; so i'm the only user using the computer and with netplwiz i accidently changed my account type to "guest" my account was administrator before now its... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Matthew, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Matthew Win User

changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...

so i'm the only user using the computer and with netplwiz i accidently changed my account type to "guest" my account was administrator before now its changed to guest and i dunno how to change it backi can't run some applications anymore example: VB-audio when i try to open settings, it just doesn't open like it opens, then closesis there a way to change this back? cause i use many important software's audio workstations, coding stuff and etc and if i can't use them, i won't manage to do many things someone please tell me how to change this back!

:)

Matthew, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Quark_ Win User

Changing guest account to administrator account

Hi there

I am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account.

I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"

Now I cannot reset the computer or use any admin settings

Please help

Quark_, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Aletonne Win User
    change name of guest user

configurator agent. . . accessing forum.

reply to jimshibayama.....accepted.

go to gpedit.msc in a run command.

windows key + R to access run command than type gpedit.msc

once you are in local security policy select windows settings folder > security settings > local policies > security options folder.

The security options folder is the list where you find where to change the guest name to whatever you were looking to change the account name to.

There is another way;

you can type netplwiz in a run command.

select advanced tab.

clicked advanced button in middle of box.

There you will find users or groups.

Select users.

You will see all the names of the accounts on the computer.

Change the name of the guest account to whatever.

.... . . . end conversation.

Aletonne, Jun 3, 2023
  4. changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...

Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...

1. changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it... - Similar Threads - changed account type

2. How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?: I use the command "net user "Administrator" /active:yes" to perform a task, and then I use "net user "Administrator" /active:no," but the Administrator does not delete, so I somehow delete it and sign in with the main account that was the administrator in the past, but is now...
  3. How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the type account if I only have one guest account?: I use the command "net user "Administrator" /active:yes" to perform a task, and then I use "net user "Administrator" /active:no," but the Administrator does not delete, so I somehow delete it and sign in with the main account that was the administrator in the past, but is now...
  4. changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...: so i'm the only user using the computer and with netplwiz i accidently changed my account type to "guest" my account was administrator before now its changed to guest and i dunno how to change it backi can't run some applications anymore example: VB-audio when i try to open...
  5. changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...

changed account type to guest by accident in netplwiz and now i don't know how to change it...: so i'm the only user using the computer and with netplwiz i accidently changed my account type to "guest" my account was administrator before now its changed to guest and i dunno how to change it backi can't run some applications anymore example: VB-audio when i try to open...
  6. Changing guest account to administrator account

Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  7. Windows 11 - changed my account to guest by using NETPLWIZ and making the WDAGUtility...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - changed my account to guest by using NETPLWIZ and making the WDAGUtility...: Hello, I was trying to access the windows app folder to make myself accessible. I tried to change the username but my control panel >> user accounts wasn't showing the change username option and in the process of that I ended up on NETPLWIZ to change my username. I changed...
  8. Windows 11 - changed my account to guest by using NETPLWIZ and making the WDAGUtility...

Windows 11 - changed my account to guest by using NETPLWIZ and making the WDAGUtility...: Hello, I was trying to access the windows app folder to make myself accessible. I tried to change the username but my control panel >> user accounts wasn't showing the change username option and in the process of that I ended up on NETPLWIZ to change my username. I changed...
  9. I want to Change to Guest account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to Change to Guest account: I signed my Microsoft account in my company’s accident. I signed out so it became the Local account and when I turn on the computer it still have my profile picture. I decided to change to Guest account but I don’t know how to do that. Hope someone read this article and help...
  10. NETPLWIZ Change?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NETPLWIZ Change?: Bought a new SSD and installed Win 10 Pro. I don't like having to login every time I start my PC. So I would open NETPLWIZ and un-tick the box and no longer need to login. But I noticed on my fresh install of 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) this option no longer exists. (See...