Windows 10: changed account type to standard , now access denied

Discus and support changed account type to standard , now access denied in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, bought 2nd hand notebook with win 10. Wanted to change settings, "no password login screen" and "change power options". I could change that but the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by incobart, Sep 11, 2020.

1. incobart Win User

changed account type to standard , now access denied

Hi, bought 2nd hand notebook with win 10. Wanted to change settings, "no password login screen" and "change power options". I could change that but the login screen kept coming.

I had the idea that another account was overruling. so I did net user administrator / active:yes. then I saw 2 accounts "admin" and "mine". I could not change type from first one, so i changed mine to standard.

active: no and restarted, login screen still came and ones logged in I could not do any setting everything "ACCESS DENIED" if ask for "you want to make changement ? there is no YES button, run as administrator = access denied.

When I restart I see 2 accounts "DELL" and "mine" no matter what i choose it opens my account. Ones I could change from my microsoft account to local account. i did not need to put password to login but desktop was the same and also denied everything
    netplwiz denied put user into administrator group denied ...

What can I do
    Thanks

:)

incobart, Sep 11, 2020
  2. incobart Win User

Hi, bought 2nd hand notebook with win 10. Wanted to change settings, "no password login screen" and "change power options". I could change that but the login screen kept coming.

I had the idea that another account was overruling. so I did net user administrator / active:yes. then I saw 2 accounts "admin" and "mine". I could not change type from first one, so i changed mine to standard.

active: no and restarted, login screen still came and ones logged in I could not do any setting everything "ACCESS DENIED" if ask for "you want to make changement ? there is no YES button, run as administrator = access denied.

When I restart I see 2 accounts "DELL" and "mine" no matter what i choose it opens my account. Ones I could change from my microsoft account to local account. i did not need to put password to login but desktop was the same and also denied everything
    netplwiz denied put user into administrator group denied ...

What can I do
    Thanks

incobart, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Ghot Win User

Ok try this.... go to Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users

Click on Add someone else to this PC
    Give the account a name, a password, and fill out the three security questions.
    When that's done, you will have a new standard account.
    Click on change account type or w/e it says, and change that account to an Administrator account.

Then log off your account and onto the new account you just made.
    On the new account you will have administrator privileges, and be able to change YOUR REAL account to administrator.

Then log off the new account, log onto YOUR REAL account and delete the account you created to do all this.

4. incobart Win User

Hi Ghot,
    thanks for your reply,
    I did the net localgroups ... members were always empty

/add to administrators gave "access denied"

elevated cmd you mean 'run as administrator' ? can not --> "access denied"

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Ghot,

"Enable the built in administrator account" if I want to uncheck administrator "account is disabled " then I get "access denied"

"net user administrator /activate:yes" gives "access denied"

"Manage another account" gives "access denied"

BIG PROPLEM :-(

incobart, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. changed account type to standard , now access denied - Similar Threads - changed account type

2. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  3. Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change account user type back from Standard to admin.: I changed user account type to standard. Now I can't change it back or add admin user without a password. Is there someway I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-account-user-type-back-from/dda9b176-fc01-49e1-8be4-2a31d49247f2
  4. ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT DENIED.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT DENIED.: AMSOIL INC IS USING SOME FORM OF YOUR SECUTIRY AND IT HAS CAUSED ME UNTOLD MISERY. I INSTALLED THE APP ON CHROME AND IT WORKED FOR A COUPLE WEEKS AND NOW I CAN'T ACCESS MY ACCOUNT. IT KEEPS REPEATING THE "I AM A HUMAN" AND THE IDENTIFY THE ITEMS. NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN MY...
  5. i changed my account type from administrator to standard account

in Windows 10 Customization
    i changed my account type from administrator to standard account: hai, please someone help me, im having problem, im changing my account type from administrator to standard account, and i want to change it again to the administrator but i cant open the netplwiz so please someone help me...
  6. changed account type to standard , now access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    changed account type to standard , now access denied: Hi, bought 2nd hand notebook with win 10. Wanted to change settings, "no password login screen" and "change power options". I could change that but the login screen kept coming. I had the idea that another account was overruling. so I did net user administrator / active:yes....
  7. Change Account type from Administrator to Standard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Account type from Administrator to Standard: How do I change Account type from Administrator to Standard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-from-administrator-to-standard/0bb78dea-dd6e-4e42-b949-ff40def4d648
  8. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...
  9. Change a standard account password

Change a standard account password: My laptop has a separate standard account which I set up for my older son. He forgot his password. In the admin account I can access his account of course, but there is no option for changing the password. How do I reset the password?...
  10. Someone/Something is changing my account type from administrator to standard

Someone/Something is changing my account type from administrator to standard: Due to problems I'm having being unknowingly signed up for Azure and AAD, which I was working on today and which I will address here later when I learn more about it I stumbled across this problem that I cannot fix. I am the only user on this lonely unattached laptop. I work...