Windows 10: Changed administrator account name and now it dissappeared

Discus and support Changed administrator account name and now it dissappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, let's see if you can give me a hand with this issue. I was looking to change the name of the administrator account, I did, then all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SofiFF, Dec 29, 2018.

1. SofiFF Win User

Changed administrator account name and now it dissappeared

Hello everyone, let's see if you can give me a hand with this issue. I was looking to change the name of the administrator account, I did, then all of this weird errors are popping up whenever I try to do anything on my computer. I cannot lock the screen, open settings, and all sorts of other things. I checked the user accounts list and now it disappeared, I can't even add a new user, the button doen't seem to trigger anything. I don't know why it happened since I only changed the name of it, and I don't want to restart the computer because I fear I will not be able to log in again or something.

Help?!

This are some of the errors I get when trying to open different things:

- RuntimeBroker.exe "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done."

- ms-settings:display "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel."

NOTE: When I go to Advanced tab on User Accounts and click the Advanced under Advanced user management it shows me all the accounts.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I want to format the computer to see if it solves the issue but I can't access the Settings menu, nothing seems to work, I'm going crazy!

***Moved From: Windows 10/Security & privacy***

:)

SofiFF, Dec 29, 2018

2. Changed administrator account name and now it dissappeared

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Is the computer connected to any domain network?
    2. How did you change the name of the computer?
    3. Are you using Microsoft Account or a Local Account?
    4. Are there any other user accounts on your computer?

This issue is usually fixed by restarting the computer; however, follow the below steps to enable hidden administrator account on your computer so that we can login to the hidden admin account and check the status of your original account.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu > Search for
    Command Prompt > Right-click on Command Prompt >
    Run As Administrator > Type the following command and hit
    Enter

net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2: Type exit and hit Enter after entering the above command.
    Restart the computer once > Login to your Original Account and check for those error messages and get back to us with the result.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 16, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Jan 16, 2020
  4. SofiFF Win User

Hello everyone, let's see if you can give me a hand with this issue. I was looking to change the name of the administrator account, I did, then all of this weird errors are popping up whenever I try to do anything on my computer. I cannot lock the screen,
    open settings, and all sorts of other things. I checked the user accounts list and now it disappeared, I can't even add a new user, the button doen't seem to trigger anything. I don't know why it happened since I only changed the name of it, and I don't want
    to restart the computer because I fear I will not be able to log in again or something.

Help?!

This are some of the errors I get when trying to open different things:

- RuntimeBroker.exe "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done."

- ms-settings:display "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel."

NOTE: When I go to Advanced tab on User Accounts and click the Advanced under Advanced user management it shows me all the accounts.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I want to format the computer to see if it solves the issue but I can't access the Settings menu, nothing seems to work, I'm going crazy!

***Moved From: Windows 10/Security & privacy***

SofiFF, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Changed administrator account name and now it dissappeared - Similar Threads - Changed administrator account

2. Change Administrator Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Administrator Name: The answers here for changing an administrator name don't work for Windows 11.That is: Navigating to User Accounts in the Control Panel, there is no "change user name" option, as is described in one post. Microsoft's official response is to open Computer Management and look...
  3. Change Administrator Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Administrator Name: The answers here for changing an administrator name don't work for Windows 11.That is: Navigating to User Accounts in the Control Panel, there is no "change user name" option, as is described in one post. Microsoft's official response is to open Computer Management and look...
  4. Administrator name change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator name change: Hello:I had to do a fresh install on this Dell Airelon and used my microsoft account to name me as administrator through the process since my wife was not available to give me her credentials. This is her computer and I would like to change administrators to her instead of...
  5. Administrator account named "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account named "Administrator": I have a administrator account named Administrator How do I delete it the remove account option is missing and I only have change password option I have my own administrator account under my own name however I cannot delete the admin account named administrator....
  6. Change Administrator Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Administrator Name: How do you change the administrator name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-name/20ad9d9b-c53a-4b49-a67c-45efd9a0a3c3
  7. change administrator name

in Windows 10 Customization
    change administrator name: How do I change the administrators name with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-name/7c1a41d8-fc6a-41f0-bf4d-7db648001d71
  8. Changed administrator account name and now it dissappeared

Changed administrator account name and now it dissappeared: Hello everyone, let's see if you can give me a hand with this issue. I was looking to change the name of the administrator account, I did, then all of this weird errors are popping up whenever I try to do anything on my computer. I cannot lock the screen, open settings, and...
  9. Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator

Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator: I am using my deceased father in laws PC. The Microsoft account is his and I do not have his password so I cannot download apps etc. How do I change that? Also, he is established as administrator and I want to change that to myself. Is there a way to do that without...
  10. Administrator Name Change

Administrator Name Change: Greetings all. As a follow up, I am going to use the command prompt solution to change my administrator name to match my computer name in order to allow full control of my OS. That being said, is that the correct thing to do? When I set up the computer, I called it...