Windows 10: Changed computer and the new computer is not letting me run or access games/files saved to...

Discus and support Changed computer and the new computer is not letting me run or access games/files saved to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title states, i got a new computer and I had my window store games saved to an external drive. When trying to run/modify any games or files the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jesse GauthierJester's, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Changed computer and the new computer is not letting me run or access games/files saved to...

As the title states, i got a new computer and I had my window store games saved to an external drive. When trying to run/modify any games or files the computer wont let me even after granting myself perms to do so.

Any ways to fix this, ideally i'd like to remove them from the drive and reinstall them but again it wont let me.

If i try deleting the windows apps folder, it always says its in use, and same for anything in the folder.

:)

Jesse GauthierJester's, Mar 3, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw Save File problem!

Hi WalGlynn,

Having a server interruption while playing is one of the possible reasons why your Microsoft Jigsaw save file has become corrupted. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. You may click the link below for the steps:

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Changed computer and the new computer is not letting me run or access games/files saved to...

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Changed computer and the new computer is not letting me run or access games/files saved to...

1. Changed computer and the new computer is not letting me run or access games/files saved to... - Similar Threads - Changed computer computer

2. My gaming computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My gaming computer won’t let me sign in: My asus gaming computer won’t let me log in it says the sign in option isn’t available because of failed sing in attempts or repeated shut down I tried to leave it on for two hours but it keeps shutting down by itself and it’s been like this all day what should I do...
  3. My gaming computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming computer won’t let me sign in: My asus gaming computer won’t let me log in it says the sign in option isn’t available because of failed sing in attempts or repeated shut down I tried to leave it on for two hours but it keeps shutting down by itself and it’s been like this all day what should I do...
  4. My gaming computer won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC: I am trying to save to my local MAC and save grays out for local on my mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-only-lets-me-save-my-files-online-and/b76e472e-6273-4717-8684-6183acf59517
  6. My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer only lets me save my files online and not on MAC: I am trying to save to my local MAC and save grays out for local on my mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-only-lets-me-save-my-files-online-and/b76e472e-6273-4717-8684-6183acf59517
  7. Computer will not let me login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not let me login: What happens is when I click it brings me to the screen to type in my password. Problem is the password box is replaced by a sign in button. I press 8t and it loads to a sign in box where I type my password. After that it says create a pin. The only button to press is next so...
  8. Computer will not let me login

Computer will not let me login: What happens is when I click it brings me to the screen to type in my password. Problem is the password box is replaced by a sign in button. I press 8t and it loads to a sign in box where I type my password. After that it says create a pin. The only button to press is next so...
  9. Computer won’t let me in.

Computer won’t let me in.: I purchased a new computer two days ago. The camera wouldn’t work until I installed supposedly critical windows 10 updates. It then worked and all was well until I turned on today. At the screen where I enter my pin, it won’t let me enter anything. I tried to access forgotten...
  10. Windows only lets me save new files to C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows only lets me save new files to C:: All my main user files (Desktop, Documents, etc) are located on my E: drive, because that's my 2TB HDD. My C: drive (containing Program Files, ProgramData, Windows, etc. system files) is a small partition on one of my SSDs meant for important system files and programs. My...