Windows 10: Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot...

Discus and support Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently changed hardware in my PC. When I view my devices listed on my microsoft account it displays my desktop correctly. I open the troubleshooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel Aldridge, May 18, 2023.

1. Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot...

I recently changed hardware in my PC. When I view my devices listed on my microsoft account it displays my desktop correctly. I open the troubleshooter under activate Windows now and select I changed hardware on this device recently. After the Just a moment... loading screen I get the notification: Unable to activate Windows We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again. I have gone over all the online help stuff and its pretty worthless if you have already gotten to this point. Please somebody help me g

:)

Daniel Aldridge, May 18, 2023
  2. PinChung Win User

Unable to activate Windows after motherboard, CPU and graphic card change

My old motherboard died after a BIOS update. I had to get a new motherboard and CPU.

At the same time, I got a new graphic card.

after setting everything up, Windows 10 asked me to activate windows.

I tried the Windows activate troubleshoot after hardware change, and saw a list of the computers I have. I select the one that was running the current Windows, but it gave me an error message saying

"We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

Please help.

Pin

PinChung, May 18, 2023
  3. Activate Windows 10 Aniversaire ver. 1607 build 14393.10 after changed motherboard.

My PC

-Motherboard ASUS P5QL PRO, chipset P43

-CPU Intel E8500 socket 775,

-OS Windows 10 Pro, after upgrade to Ver.1607 build 14393.10

-Windows is activated with a digital license linked my Microsoft account.

After that, I've changed motherboard with the new one Gigabyte H81M-DS2 chipset H81 (included CPU Intel i3 4350T socket 1150).

I signed in Windows by password of my Microsoft account as administrator and use the
    Activation troubleshooter solution to reactivate Windows, in step select "I changed hardware on this device recently" then click "Next" but I don't see where the list of devices that are linked to my Microsoft
    account, so that I can't reactivate Windows.

I return back to old motherboard ASUS and CPU E8500: Windows activated as it was.

Someone know about this problem please help me reactivate Windows 10 build 14393 after changed motherboard, or tell me know that it's unable!

Thanks and Regards

LapBui Chi, May 18, 2023
  4. Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot...

Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, May 18, 2023
Thema:

Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot...

1. Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot... - Similar Threads - Changed CPU motherboard

2. Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot...: I recently changed hardware in my PC. When I view my devices listed on my microsoft account it displays my desktop correctly. I open the troubleshooter under activate Windows now and select I changed hardware on this device recently. After the Just a moment... loading screen...
  3. Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed CPU and motherboard on PC and am unable to activate windows via the troubleshoot...: I recently changed hardware in my PC. When I view my devices listed on my microsoft account it displays my desktop correctly. I open the troubleshooter under activate Windows now and select I changed hardware on this device recently. After the Just a moment... loading screen...
  4. Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM. Because of this my hard disk had to be formatted and then when I tried to reactivate my Windows, I am getting the error code: 0x803FABBB. I had gotten Windows 8 years back and I have forgotten the product key. How do I activate my...
  5. Unable to activate windows after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows after motherboard change: I am currently using a custom built PC and had replaced the motherboard because it had died due to a short circuit. Upon replacing the motherboard, windows now requires me to buy a whole new licence when I already have one tied to my account. I bought the OS back in 2018. I...
  6. motherboard changed and activation failedafter troubleshooting

motherboard changed and activation failedafter troubleshooting: free upgraded from WIN7. Changed motherboard today and "unable to activate this device" as quote after troubleshooting. i'm guessing the motherboard's specifications affected my account and then i saw "two" devices on my account after logged-in the microsoft website. 2 names...
  7. Unable to activate windows after a Motherboard change

Unable to activate windows after a Motherboard change: My computer went in for a change of the cooling unit which had failed. While in the shop and under testing the "found" a problem with my motherboard and had replaced that as well. However, upon doing this I have a message in the bottom of my screen saying that I need to...
  8. Unable to activate Windows after motherboard, CPU and graphic card change

Unable to activate Windows after motherboard, CPU and graphic card change: My old motherboard died after a BIOS update. I had to get a new motherboard and CPU. At the same time, I got a new graphic card. after setting everything up, Windows 10 asked me to activate windows. I tried the Windows activate troubleshoot after hardware change, and saw...
  9. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...
  10. Unable to activate after changing motherboard

Unable to activate after changing motherboard: Hi all, Yesterday I finally installed my new Mobo and CPU. I got my Windows 7 retail disc and inserted the disc, and activated it just fine using the "9 boxes of code" with phone activation. Then, I installed Windows 10 using a USB bootable. However, I could NOT...