Windows 10: Changed email address now can't sink phone to onedrive on pc

Discus and support Changed email address now can't sink phone to onedrive on pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We moved and changed networks. New email address. Now OneDrive opens on phone and pc but will not link. Each has a different account name even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carrol S, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Carrol S Win User

Changed email address now can't sink phone to onedrive on pc

We moved and changed networks. New email address. Now OneDrive opens on phone and pc but will not link. Each has a different account name even though I changed the account in Microsoft. Any suggestions?

:)

Carrol S, Nov 8, 2019

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 8, 2019
  3. jmsnyc Win User
    Remove work email from onedrive messed up work email

I created a personal Onedrive account and used my work email address years ago. I had it synced to onedrive on my work laptop. As our work computers are going to be locked down , I changed the onedrive account email address to a personal gmail address. I no longer wish or need to sync the onedrive with my work pc, as it will no longer be possible in the near future due to corporate security

On my work pc I use Outlook . In Windows 10 Mail on my work pc, I noticed my personal gmail was listed as an email account. I removed it. Now my work email will not work because the data file is gone.

So even though I changed onedrive email , it made matters worse because now it seems like my personal gmail and my work email are somehow tied together

jmsnyc, Nov 8, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

OneDrive unable to find my contacts to share folders

garybo125 thanks for your suggestion which I did but it did not resolve the issue with OneDrive insisting to use my contact's first email address instead of his second email address. Eventually I deleted my contact's first email address from my Outlook.com contacts list and OneDrive then added the correct address. It seems that if you have a contact with two email addresses OneDrive will always choose one and not the other!

Berton OneDrive may not use the built-in Contacts Folder in C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE as mine is empty but of course I cannot verify this.

scopio, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Changed email address now can't sink phone to onedrive on pc - Similar Threads - Changed email address

2. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  3. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  4. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR EMAIL ADDRESS because this address is now closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR EMAIL ADDRESS because this address is now closed: How do I change administrator email address? This email has been closed and I cannot log into it any longer. Because my devices are attached to this old email, I cannot link any bluetooth devices either!Help!...
  6. CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR EMAIL ADDRESS because this address is now closed

CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR EMAIL ADDRESS because this address is now closed: How do I change administrator email address? This email has been closed and I cannot log into it any longer. Because my devices are attached to this old email, I cannot link any bluetooth devices either!Help!...
  7. CHANGE ADMINISTRATOR EMAIL ADDRESS because this address is now closed

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. changing email address on my PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    changing email address on my PC: I have Windows 10 and I use my old email on this. I want to switch it to a new one without re installing Windows. It is a hassle for me to do it and I dont want my product key will be affected on the process....
  9. changing email address on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing email address on my PC: I have Windows 10 and I use my old email on this. I want to switch it to a new one without re installing Windows. It is a hassle for me to do it and I dont want my product key will be affected on the process....
  10. changing email address on my PC