Windows 10: Changed File Username Can No Longer Connect to Account Help!

Discus and support Changed File Username Can No Longer Connect to Account Help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I had previously changed my username through the Microsoft website and had no issues whatsoever. However, my files in \user\ were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ghostsnwitches, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Changed File Username Can No Longer Connect to Account Help!

Hello everyone,

I had previously changed my username through the Microsoft website and had no issues whatsoever. However, my files in \user\ were still under the previous username. So recently I decided to get this done with and change that as well. I used "Netplwiz" to change the username but after that, my computer had a full-on breakdown and would not open any files, at all.

I would get an error message citing that there was "No "mappage between the user and ID." It also told me to "Create an association to the default applications in the settings panel." I could not do that as no files or apps would open. Things seemed to go back to normal after I restarted and had gotten the newest Windows update on the way but my files were still under that previous username.

So I looked it up and it seemed I could also change the name of the user file itself, which I had overlooked up until this point. I followed the articles steps and created a local Microsoft account with administrative rights. I signed into that local account and through it, changed the file's name. When I went back in I received an error that "Windows could not connect to my account" but that "Disconnecting and reconnecting from the account" solved the issue in most cases.

I did just that and received the same error. So under my main account I had used for years none of my files were there any longer and the Background was the default one. However, like my local account, apps I had downloaded that were not default to Windows were still there. I tried going back in my local account to directly disconnect there before connecting to my main account again but that didn't work either...

I am out of ideas and honestly just want my files back, I had important files there and I absolutely need them. I don't even care if I have to go back to the old username or recover my computer to a previous save. Although I don't know how I would go about any of those things, or even if they are solutions, or if there is a better one. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help.

Thank you in advance.

:)

ghostsnwitches, Jul 6, 2020

2. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Help changing username and keep files.

I think I'm supposed to go about this by:

1. creating a local account
    2. changing it's account type to administrator
    3. delete the account the first account

Would it be easier or better to change the first step by adding a family member?

LuisPina III, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Changed File Username Can No Longer Connect to Account Help!

Change username on Windows 10.

Hi Jacob,

You can personalize your username on your account through the Microsoft website. To help you change your account name, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    change the name on your Microsoft account.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Changed File Username Can No Longer Connect to Account Help!

1. Changed File Username Can No Longer Connect to Account Help! - Similar Threads - Changed File Username

2. Help with username and password for this account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with username and password for this account: I completely forgot my username for this account if you could help me figure out where it is or how to change it that would be very appreciated....
  3. Help with username and password for this account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with username and password for this account: I completely forgot my username for this account if you could help me figure out where it is or how to change it that would be very appreciated....
  4. Change File Username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change File Username: I don't have the option to change the File name to anything else, my Username on windows - settings is localuser, not tacrh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-file-username/face5d3e-e994-448f-9da2-0ae1b2e27eba
  5. Change File Username

Change File Username: I don't have the option to change the File name to anything else, my Username on windows - settings is localuser, not tacrh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-file-username/face5d3e-e994-448f-9da2-0ae1b2e27eba
  6. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  7. Change username for microsoft account

Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  8. How to change username of logged in account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change username of logged in account.: Please Read Hello Everyone! I bought a PC from a seller. And he had an account logged-in in the PC. There is no password. And his username is displayed everytime I turn on my PC. I couldn't find anyway to change it. Please help if there is anyway to do so....
  9. Change account username for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account username for Windows 10: I have the only account on my PC. It is a Microsoft account, not a local account, with BitLocker enabled. I have discovered that my username in file explorer and in file paths are the first five letters of my email address linked to my Microsoft account. I want to change...
  10. change admin username account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change admin username account: hello.a few months ago my brother install win 10 to my laptop.i don't know which name choose but in user folder i see in user folder in admin folder account the user name ''nikol''.yesterday i reinstall win 10 using media creation.i choose during installion a different...