Windows 10: Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

Discus and support Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day! So I changed fonts using the reg file tweak trick and now there is this strange box thing in the time on the taskbar where the colon is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Len Samonte, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

Good day! So I changed fonts using the reg file tweak trick and now there is this strange box thing in the time on the taskbar where the colon is supposed to be. Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar. 0e1c4184-af5f-4417-9e3a-064448ca39ea?upload=true.jpg

Now, I already changed back to the default font, but it's still the same after restarting my phone. What should I do? Please help!

:)

Len Samonte, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Bree Win User
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

1. Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar. - Similar Threads - Changed Fonts strange

2. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations: Hello,Everything started when I was playing a game. After reopening it to play again I noticed some keys were not working. Not exactly the keys, because they worked in elsewhere, not in the game. But I didn't change the bindings.After a lot of research, I wanted to turn on...
  3. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations: Hello,Everything started when I was playing a game. After reopening it to play again I noticed some keys were not working. Not exactly the keys, because they worked in elsewhere, not in the game. But I didn't change the bindings.After a lot of research, I wanted to turn on...
  4. taskbar time font changed after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar time font changed after update: It seems that every time I update something Windows has changed the appearance. This most recent update has made a very frustrating change in that the font of the date and time in the bottom right corner has changed. I have tried changing the system font and resetting the...
  5. Strange characters appeared in my calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange characters appeared in my calendar: Hi All!After last update there are strange characters in my calendar beside the clock see in the attached picture. All my language, local and input settings are set to Hungarian. I would be glad if you could help me to return to my standard calendar lookout....
  6. Strange characters appeared in my calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange characters appeared in my calendar: Hi All!After last update there are strange characters in my calendar beside the clock see in the attached picture. All my language, local and input settings are set to Hungarian. I would be glad if you could help me to return to my standard calendar lookout....
  7. Change font in taskbar ONLY? for time&date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change font in taskbar ONLY? for time&date: Hello,is there a way to change the font in the taskbar only - for time & date display? Say my system uses font "A" but in taskbar I want my time & date displayed in font "B", rest of the system stays font "A".Thanks in advance!...
  8. Date/Time Font changed in taskbar

Date/Time Font changed in taskbar: Hello, I don't know how, but my font in the date/time section of the taskbar changed to something that I can't read. How to change it back to English font??!?! Please help!! Provided a screenshot. Look at the bottom right-hand corner. Thanks for any help in advance! [ATTACH]...
  9. Strange icon appeared in taskbar

Strange icon appeared in taskbar: A strange item has appeared in my taskbar. When I click on it, it does nothing. It always has the line underneath which appears when a program is open. When I right-click it, the only option is close window. When I choose that nothing happens. Any clue what it may be? Thanks!...
  10. Event ID 360 strange font/characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 360 strange font/characters: Many seem to get this Windows Hello entry in their Event Viewer when booting Windows. The error is harmless from what I know but since I updated my system to Version 1903 the text in the error message changed. This is the only Event Viewer entry that changed this way, all...