Windows 10: Changed Hosts File?

Discus and support Changed Hosts File? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had Kerish Doctor https://www.kerish.org/en-us/ for a week or so and today I this this message. What should I do about it? Allow or Discard? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoeFromSd, May 14, 2022.

1. JoeFromSd Win User

Changed Hosts File?

I've had Kerish Doctor https://www.kerish.org/en-us/ for a week or so and today I this this message. What should I do about it? Allow or Discard? I clicked Details and ses the empty screen on the left.For some reason I can't post any replies to my threads on this forum, I can only start a thread, so if I don't answer you, you'll know why!

:)

JoeFromSd, May 14, 2022

2. Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, May 14, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working )

From the OP it appears Hosts is not being changed, rather it is being ignored....

4. Louie Del Win User

Changed Hosts File?

Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Changed Hosts File?

1. Changed Hosts File? - Similar Threads - Changed Hosts File

2. Host File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Host File: Im trying to block toxic sites that i just unheathly go to, by setting this up of what i found of a way to block, and then i was going to turn me to standard and have my friend be admin but for someone reason it still saids i dont have permission. what am i doing wrong iv...
  3. Changed Hosts File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed Hosts File?: I've had Kerish Doctor https://www.kerish.org/en-us/ for a week or so and today I this this message. What should I do about it? Allow or Discard? I clicked Details and ses the empty screen on the left.For some reason I can't post any replies to my threads on this forum, I can...
  4. Changed Hosts File?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changed Hosts File?: I've had Kerish Doctor https://www.kerish.org/en-us/ for a week or so and today I this this message. What should I do about it? Allow or Discard? I clicked Details and ses the empty screen on the left.For some reason I can't post any replies to my threads on this forum, I can...
  5. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hosts file: Greetings, I have my hosts file that’s corrupted and can’t open with notepad and tried to give permission but there’s nothing to add or grant it’s empty I tired to use a software to unlock it and says cannot find path windows/system32/drivers/etc I’ve tried to boot in safe...
  6. Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working )

Vanilla hosts file ( hosts file not working ): Hi I keep getting this symptom from time to time , it fixes with windows updates but then occasionally come back . I have a list of advertising and malware websites that I filter through hosts file that are often used by a chat client as per the chat client community...
  7. Malwarebytes does not detect change in hosts file

Malwarebytes does not detect change in hosts file: I made a change in my hosts file myself, in order to block Google ads. Windows Defender immediately gave a warning. A scan with Malwarebytes free did not give any notice. Remarkable. 57755
  8. No permission to change hosts file ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No permission to change hosts file ?: I have changed from W7 to W10 but find that although I am logged in as the administrator, I am unable to save any changes to my hosts file and get the message that I don't have accees/permission and should contact the administrator. Can anyone advise me as to what's going on...
  9. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: should the Hosts file be made read only ? 51243
  10. Hosts file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file: I am embarrassed that I forgot on change from Windows 7 to 10 I forgot until now to remember that only the sample Hosts file was installed. Now I cannot recall where the more comprehensive version came from or how to install it. Please advise me. 97081