Windows 10: Changed Hotmail password on smartphone - will it affect Win10 login?

Discus and support Changed Hotmail password on smartphone - will it affect Win10 login? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a PC and two Laptops. On all three I have disabled the Win10 login screen so that they start without having to enter a password. I do have a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by crockhamtown, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Changed Hotmail password on smartphone - will it affect Win10 login?

I have a PC and two Laptops. On all three I have disabled the Win10 login screen so that they start without having to enter a password. I do have a Microsoft Hotmail email account the emails of which I access on my android tablet and smartphone email app. I have just changed my Hotmail password.

Unfortunately I forgot that my PC and Laptops still have my old password. All three have sync turned on. They are all starting up okay without having to put a password in. I never use the PC and Laptops Win10 for accessing emails or Microsoft Store.

I would be grateful for advice as to a plan of action that I should adopt to avoid signing in problems especially with sync turned on.

:)

crockhamtown, Mar 21, 2019
  2. warc1 Win User

Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I change the PC passwords?

I tried doing it through Settings/Accounts/Manage My Microsoft Account/ on my desktop but that forced me to change my Hotmail password again. Now my desktop and Hotmail password are synced, but the laptop and Surface still use the old Hotmail password.

warc1, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Polarman Win User
    Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Changed Hotmail password on smartphone - will it affect Win10 login?

Login screen changed and password changed after verification

My Login screen used to have only my name on it and yesterday after clicking on "Verify" and going thru several screens and rebooting, I noticed that my name and Hotmail address are both on my Login screen and the Windows 10 password has been changed to my Hotmail password.
    What happened?

dlwmacgregor, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Changed Hotmail password on smartphone - will it affect Win10 login?

1. Changed Hotmail password on smartphone - will it affect Win10 login? - Similar Threads - Changed Hotmail password

2. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  3. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  4. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot change hotmail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change hotmail password: I am unable to change hotmail password. I know my security answers. I can also go to the next step and when I put a new password, I get an error message that something is wrong currently. Please try again later....
  6. Cannot change hotmail password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change hotmail password: I am unable to change hotmail password. I know my security answers. I can also go to the next step and when I put a new password, I get an error message that something is wrong currently. Please try again later....
  7. Hotmail Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hotmail Password: I tried to get into win 10 safe mode using boot selection in msconfig. After restart both my current pass or hotmail pass not working. So this probably my error. I changed my account pass from my phone. I have the new pass now. I then "shift+restart" > troubleshoot >...
  8. Changed Hotmail password on smartphone - will it affect Win10 login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changed Hotmail password on smartphone - will it affect Win10 login?: I have asked this question on another site and have received some useful advice. But I thought I would check here as well. I have a PC and two Laptops. On all three I have disabled the Win10 login screen so that they start without having to enter a password. I do have a...
  9. hotmail password

hotmail password: How do we retrieve or replace our password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-password/298660c1-c966-432d-a082-ad83bb46761a"
  10. Affect of changing Microsoft account password

Affect of changing Microsoft account password: does changing my Microsoft account password change the password for me to log into my computer in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/affect-of-changing-microsoft-account-password/d3037196-2d70-4cf7-a5be-44a629c7a206"