Windows 10: Changed language, and now the windows search bar won't work.

Discus and support Changed language, and now the windows search bar won't work. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a new laptop huawei from Italy, and because I don't know this language, I changed it to ENGunited states. Everything works just... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CristianNecel, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Changed language, and now the windows search bar won't work.

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop huawei from Italy, and because I don't know this language, I changed it to ENGunited states. Everything works just fine aside form the windows search bar, it doesn't even pop up at all. I tried different commands from youtube like powershell and various sites but none worked.. I just don't know what to do about it anymore. Can anyone help, please?

:)

CristianNecel, Sep 24, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Changed language, and now the windows search bar won't work.

Language bar is gone in windows 10

Hello,

I understand that the Language Bar is not found in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control Panel.
    • Search Language and select it.
    • Left side pane select Advanced settings.
    • Under Switching Input methods check mark "Use the desktop language bar when its available."
    • Click Save. Check if the issue persists.
    Please post to us if you have any further issues in Windows. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Changed language, and now the windows search bar won't work.

1. Changed language, and now the windows search bar won't work. - Similar Threads - Changed language search

2. is this normal in the search bar now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this normal in the search bar now?: I was opened my windows 11 laptop and notice that it has been the B mark rather then a imiageIs this now normal for all windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-normal-in-the-search-bar-now/c1b09879-1d82-4064-bbc1-680c0e005dc1
  3. is this normal in the search bar now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is this normal in the search bar now?: I was opened my windows 11 laptop and notice that it has been the B mark rather then a imiageIs this now normal for all windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-normal-in-the-search-bar-now/c1b09879-1d82-4064-bbc1-680c0e005dc1
  4. Windows 10 search bar won't work

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar won't work: Hello, every time I click on search bar on the down left to search for something it just opens and then closes again on its own crashing probably, hence I can't type anything at all.Any solutions please? windows was working fine and suddenly this happened today....
  5. Windows 10 search bar won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search bar won't work: Hello, every time I click on search bar on the down left to search for something it just opens and then closes again on its own crashing probably, hence I can't type anything at all.Any solutions please? windows was working fine and suddenly this happened today....
  6. Windows 10 search bar won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Search Bar and Cortana won't work?

in Cortana
    Search Bar and Cortana won't work?: This happened like a week ago when my computer was force-shut off before it fully shut itself off. I can't use the Search Bar without it glowing a lighter grey then closing itself. Cortana does the same thing, Glows lighter then closes. I've also been having trouble with...
  8. Native search bars won't work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Native search bars won't work.: Title. When I try and use any search bar in any native application, it doesn't work. To be absolutely clear, it is just search bars. So like, if I open settings the search bar at the top doesn't work. But if I try and use the "rename this PC" function, that text box works. Of...
  9. Microsoft store and search bar won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store and search bar won't work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fakeDABOMB101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzvmtf/microsoft_store_and_search_bar_wont_work/
  10. Change old language bar to new language bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change old language bar to new language bar: Do you know how to change from the old language bar to the new language bar? I used the old one for a while but I want to change it back. old: EN new: ENG...