Windows 10: Changed language from French to English, but some text is very wrong

Discus and support Changed language from French to English, but some text is very wrong in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I updated Windows on my kids pc today, and it reverted the language to the original install language of French. After a lot of hassle why is it so hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kalez238, Jan 20, 2020.

1. kalez238 Win User

Changed language from French to English, but some text is very wrong

I updated Windows on my kids pc today, and it reverted the language to the original install language of French. After a lot of hassle why is it so hard to change a language ... I got it to about 98% English, but some things are still very wrong.

This image gives you a great example of the kind of things that are happening. The entire left side is wrong text.

Changed language from French to English, but some text is very wrong adcc4109-eada-47e4-b4f9-cd82164e3b19?upload=true.png

Google results have been less than helpful, and the live chat assistant closed the chat on me after they went to check on the issue for 10 minutes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

kalez238, Jan 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 installed as french version but «reverted» to English after yesterday's update

Hi Jean,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you want to use French language on Windows 10 instead of English.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to change the Language and date & time settings again. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Time and Language.

• Select the Region and Language and make sure that you select
      Country and region to French Guina.

• Under the Language click on
      Add a language
      and download the French language pack.

• After the language pack has downloaded, click on
      French language pack and Set as default

• Close the settings and Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
    I suggest you to change the time of the system also accordingly for the changes to take effectively.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 20, 2020
  3. cfourkays Win User
    Change default language

Have a clients PC, Windows 10 Home, that the default language was changed from French (Canadian) to English by a tech for troubleshooting here . (Florida)
    They're going back home (Canada) and wants the default language restored to the French.
    I'm not the original tech and plead ignorance since I've never done this.
    So I can here.
    Anyone have a step by step?
    Pete

cfourkays, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Changed language from French to English, but some text is very wrong

Widows 10 - french Canada language pack mix 50% with english....

Hi Lemire,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with language in your system.

Follow the below suggestions and check if it helps:

Step 1:Change Clock, Language and region.

Follow the steps to select default language:

• In the search box, type
        Control Panel

• Select Clock, Language and Region.

• Select French.
    If French is not available in the list then Click on
    Add Language and select French from the list and make it your preferred language.

Step 2: Also To confirm the settings are set correctly:

1. Open Settings. Select Time& language, and then
    Region & Language.

2. Check the Language (set as default)
    setting for your Windows display language. If your desired language is not available, add your desired language:

• Click Add Language.
    • Select your desired language from the list.
    • Select the desired locale, which is the language/country combination.
    • Click on the newly selected locale and select
      Options
    • Under Download language pack, click
      Download.
    • Under Speech, click Download.
    • After the downloads are complete (this could take several minutes), return to the
      Time & Language settings.
    • Click on your new language and select Set as Default.
    • NOTE: IF you changed languages, you must sign out of your account and back in for the new setting to take effect.
    3. Check the Country or region setting.
    Make sure the country selected corresponds with the Windows display language set in the Language setting.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Changed language from French to English, but some text is very wrong

1. Changed language from French to English, but some text is very wrong - Similar Threads - Changed language French

2. My system language on windows 11 laptop shows as some French and some English and I cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system language on windows 11 laptop shows as some French and some English and I cannot...: I have done everything I can to change it everywhere and nothing is working, and I work in technical support and cannot find a solution anyone that can help, The images will not add but everything in settings say English...
  3. Change Windows 10 from French to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows 10 from French to English: I want to change the Windows version on a laptop I purchased in France. I can change the language and keyboard etc. But, this isn't what I want. I would like to completely make the laptop forget it's French at all. It only likes to pull up French searches. The spell-check...
  4. Change Windows 10 from French to English

Change Windows 10 from French to English: I want to change the Windows version on a laptop I purchased in France. I can change the language and keyboard etc. But, this isn't what I want. I would like to completely make the laptop forget it's French at all. It only likes to pull up French searches. The spell-check...
  5. Windows 7 I just want to change the language to English from french. Saying this its in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 I just want to change the language to English from french. Saying this its in...: I just want to change the language to English from french. Saying this its in french now and I don't speak french https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-i-just-want-to-change-the-language-to/663b4e16-4fc7-437c-b8b2-e0f99e034495
  6. Windows 7 I just want to change the language to English from french. Saying this its in...

Windows 7 I just want to change the language to English from french. Saying this its in...: I just want to change the language to English from french. Saying this its in french now and I don't speak french https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-i-just-want-to-change-the-language-to/663b4e16-4fc7-437c-b8b2-e0f99e034495
  7. Windows language in French and settings are in english

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows language in French and settings are in english: Hello , My Windows is suposed to be set in full english , but since a windows update my windows is set to french whereas the setting is configured in english.could you please help how to recover my windows in english ?Information about the windows: Windows 10 .0.0.18363.1500...
  8. Language change from Deutsch to English

Language change from Deutsch to English: I am buying a Lenovo laptop, and in the description it says that the OS is windows 10 pro Deutsch/German. For some other model it says windows 10 pro Deutsch, English, French etc. What does this mean actually? Does this mean that the model installed with German OS will...
  9. change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  10. Change Language from Chinese to English

Change Language from Chinese to English: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 OS. But the System language is in Chinese. Can anyone suggest how to change the language to English?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. button language change png english français

2. changed system language but some errors are still in original