Windows 10: Changed laptop hard drive to ssd

Discus and support Changed laptop hard drive to ssd in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I’ve just changed my laptop hard drive to an ssd I did this with a fresh install from the Microsoft site via the usb option, the operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Longtongue, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Changed laptop hard drive to ssd

Hi I’ve just changed my laptop hard drive to an ssd I did this with a fresh install from the Microsoft site via the usb option, the operating system was windows 10 pro 64 bit so during install I selected this now I’m getting activation failed it’s found a digital licence for windows 10 home and to reinstall, the laptop was 100% pro I don’t want to have to reinstall again and I can’t find a option to contact Microsoft Thanks for any help

:)

Longtongue, Apr 26, 2022
  2. gordon99 Win User

Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an external hard drive I use for backups and a free version of the Macrium Reflect program on the hard drive. The SSD is brand new. I have just 50 GB in total on the 231 GB hard drive. The SSD has 250 GB capacity.

gordon99, Apr 26, 2022
  3. Changing out hard drive in laptop?

If you guys were going to change out a hard drive in a laptop to something faster? would you get a hybrid SSD drive like the Seagate Momentus XT 500GB or get a legit 128GB-256GB SSD?

Seagate Momentus XT ST95005620AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32...

I was looking that that for my school laptop. It has a 500GB 5400rpm drive in it now. Kind of slow.

MxPhenom 216, Apr 26, 2022
  4. crownele Win User

Changed laptop hard drive to ssd

Hard drives listed as SSD drives

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro.

Have 2 Hard drives in Raid 1 set up.

Win 10 lists these drives as SSD drives in System Properties.

How do I change the listing of these drives to HD so I can optimize them?

crownele, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

Changed laptop hard drive to ssd

1. Changed laptop hard drive to ssd - Similar Threads - Changed laptop hard

2. Changed laptop hard drive to ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed laptop hard drive to ssd: Hi I’ve just changed my laptop hard drive to an ssd I did this with a fresh install from the Microsoft site via the usb option, the operating system was windows 10 pro 64 bit so during install I selected this now I’m getting activation failed it’s found a digital licence for...
  3. Changed laptop hard drive to ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed laptop hard drive to ssd: Hi I’ve just changed my laptop hard drive to an ssd I did this with a fresh install from the Microsoft site via the usb option, the operating system was windows 10 pro 64 bit so during install I selected this now I’m getting activation failed it’s found a digital licence for...
  4. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  5. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  6. SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD hard drive: I purchased a new laptop HP and I noticed that the SSD is one so I am wondering how to divide the 256 GBs into two or three partitions OF 50 GBs or 100 GBs with my thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-hard-drive/060a0f8b-4f4a-45ad-8d00-78a5e869a90a
  7. Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD: I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an...
  8. Removing laptop hard drive and replacing with SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing laptop hard drive and replacing with SSD?: I have a laptop (HP notebook 8 gig ram) running Windows 10 as a slow ring insider. I want to remove the hard drive which is as slow as treacle and replace it with an SSD. This requires that I do a clean install of Windows 10 on the SSD ..... My question is this: I have a USB...
  9. thinking of changing my hard drive to ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    thinking of changing my hard drive to ssd: thinking of changing my hard drive to ssd..can I migrate my windows 10 operating system. or do I have to buy new.. if I can migrate will any virus I may have cross over to ssd ….thanks .. hope you can understand my question .....
  10. Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive: Last year I bought a windows 10 laptop from a high street store. It has become a bit slow and I want to upgrade its HDD to a solid state one. I want to ideally transfer all my files over too. I will no longer be using the old HDD. So how do I do this? I didn't get any media...