Windows 10: Changed Main Drive location now having problems

Discus and support Changed Main Drive location now having problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently bought a Dell G3 gaming labtop but the main drive (C) was a small 100 gb's where as the D drive is 1tb so I looked into how to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Derek2332, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Derek2332 Win User

Changed Main Drive location now having problems

I recently bought a Dell G3 gaming labtop but the main drive (C) was a small 100 gb's where as the D drive is 1tb so I looked into how to change the default drive which led me to regedit so I changed the default location from there the thing is I still had to transfer the programs from the C drive to D because before I did that errors would pop up when id try to open a program. Now I'm having recovery issues it tells me I have to restart the labtop also there's a blue framed transparent square in the middle of my screen every time I open a program then close it you can see part of that program in the box, this seems to only happen when a game is running or after I close it or if it doesn't respond, Id like some help on how to fix this.

:)

Derek2332, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Gokul GR Win User

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

But the problem is whenever I click the properties of Downloads
    folder, it is showing the properties dialog box of E-drive partition. How could I solve this?

Gokul GR, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Changed Main Drive location now having problems

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Changed Main Drive location now having problems

1. Changed Main Drive location now having problems - Similar Threads - Changed Main Drive

2. Main C: Drive is broken with Cyclical Recursion Error. How do I change the location a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Main C: Drive is broken with Cyclical Recursion Error. How do I change the location a...: Hello,I am trying to preserve apps and Files because my Drive only crashes when moving large numbers of files due to a hardware issue.Using a boot drive my Bios won't run from Boot. However I can run the file from inside of windows. I added a new 1Tb drive to my PC to install...
  3. I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.: I changed my downloads location from C:\Users\uprig\Downloads SSD to F:/ HDD and now the downloads became the Hard Drive. So now when i download something it downlaods it into the hard drive, not a downloads folder in F:/, its all messed up. I did this with other things by...
  4. I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.: I changed my downloads location from C:\Users\uprig\Downloads SSD to F:/ HDD and now the downloads became the Hard Drive. So now when i download something it downlaods it into the hard drive, not a downloads folder in F:/, its all messed up. I did this with other things by...
  5. I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Drive letter for main HD changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive letter for main HD changed: Somehow, the drive letter for my main HD RAID drive which was D: has been changed. My desktop and a number of other critical files are located on it, so I cannot run Disk Manager. How can I change the drive letter from G: to D:?...
  7. Problems when changing main Microsoft Store App installation drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems when changing main Microsoft Store App installation drive: I have a somewhat little C: SSD so I use my D: HD to install games and everything else. But when trying to tell Xbox App (got gamepass recently) to download games on D: insted of C: it asks me to change where all Microsoft Store apps should go by default and when I try to...
  8. Windows changed main hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows changed main hard drive: Hello. A few months ago I bought a new Samsung SSD and it's been working fine up until this point. Today, when I launched my PC, it instead booted into my old SSD, which means I had a major "rollback", you could say. It appears that the problem is that my Samsung hard drive...
  9. Changing location of backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing location of backup drive: I want to change the location of my backup drive. How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-location-of-backup-drive/e5de0fde-4bed-4267-94ac-d25fb3c6c153
  10. Changed main modem, now have network issues; need help troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed main modem, now have network issues; need help troubleshooting: Our main modem has 4 Ethernet outputs. The need for more outputs came so I feed one of the modem's outputs to a hub, adding 4 more connections. All worked perfectly until our modem had issues & needed replacing. Our DSL internet company sent us a new main modem & now we have...