Windows 10: Changed main hdd from basic to dynamic on my laptop

Discus and support Changed main hdd from basic to dynamic on my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i accidentally switched my hdd wich has the os on it (win10) from basic to dynamic.Now i can only acces bios otherwise i have to wait and it always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KostasStam, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Changed main hdd from basic to dynamic on my laptop

So i accidentally switched my hdd wich has the os on it (win10) from basic to dynamic.Now i can only acces bios otherwise i have to wait and it always says searching for problems

:)

KostasStam, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Changed main hdd from basic to dynamic on my laptop

Dynamic hdd in Windows 10

I currently have all my hdds set up as dynamic discs (minus the sdd I use as a boot drive) and have each one mirrored to an identical hdd, each housed within a server chasis with hot swap bays...each hdd is dynamic. I did this because I didn't want to
    ever lose my media, pics, etc. I thought if a "main" hdd died, I could use the "backup" hdd as the main and plug in a new hdd to use as a backup. I was told this was not possible...would any of you have any ideas how I could achieve this? Worst case scenario,
    I could probably turn them from dynamic to basic and use software (like Nero) to perform backups daily but that would take forever!

BlG DADdee, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Changed main hdd from basic to dynamic on my laptop

1. Changed main hdd from basic to dynamic on my laptop - Similar Threads - Changed main hdd

2. How to Change C drive from dynamic to basic disk.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change C drive from dynamic to basic disk.: I was trying to run BitLocker on a Lenovo Legion and when it tried to encrypt it, it gave me an error only saying "This drive can not be encrypted." Upon further research I found that the C drive on my machine was a dynamic disk, and that BitLocker doesn't work for dynamic...
  3. How do I change the "system reserved" partition from dynamic to basic?

How do I change the "system reserved" partition from dynamic to basic?: I purchased Aomei Backupper to use as my backup software. It can not back up dynamic partitions so I am converting my dynamic partitions to basic partitions.by backing them up and reinstalling them after i change from dynamic to basic. The disk partition with the System...
  4. Converting main boot drive from a dynamic drive to a basic drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Converting main boot drive from a dynamic drive to a basic drive: I accidentally converted my main drive to a dynamic drive. Everything i have read says to just delete it and reformat the drive, but i cant do this as i have all my data and the operating system on this drive. I have tried software which claims to be able to convert Dynamic...
  5. Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic

Internal hard disk went from basic to Dynamic: Hi everyone, I need help I was having troubles with one of mine external hard disks and while on the process of fixing it, I unwantedly turned my internal hard disk C:\ from basic to dynamic, is there a way to turn it back into basic?...
  6. Changing dynamic to basic without losing any data.

Changing dynamic to basic without losing any data.: Hi! My name is Gautam. Today when I installed Windows 10 a message show that the partition contains one or more dynamic volumes that aren't supported for installation. I cannot even reset my PC because it is written that the drive which has Windows installed is blocked....
  7. How to convert Windows drive from Dynamic to Basic?

How to convert Windows drive from Dynamic to Basic?: Split from this thread. Hello Greg please I need your help. I have an issue with my drive. My computer is not able to boot to desktop so I placed a new hard drive in it and install a new OS after installtion when i tried opening the drive from disk management I am told I...
  8. Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Change created a Dynamic Disk from a Basic Disk: [Apologies if I have posed this in the wrong place; thanks for moving it if necessary!] - Good morning Folks! *Smile I thought this would be simple: 1TB HDD with Two 500GB Partitions E: & Z:. Having available space in E: and needing more in Z: I performed a "Shrink" on...
  9. Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk: Running windows 10, due to some personal reasons want to change my dynamic disk to a basic disk.But the option for the same is greyed out in Disk Management.If anyone posts a guide to accomplish the same I would be really grateful*Smile 30309
  10. "Basic" or "Dynamic volume/partition method for HDD?

"Basic" or "Dynamic volume/partition method for HDD?: Hi, Do you recommend "basic" or "dynamic" volume/partition method in Windows 10? I plan to format a new 4TB HDD to be used for 3 purposes: 1. A secondary disk for windows paging file. Size = 3xRAM = 50 GB 2. Data drive (mydocs, music, video, photo, downloads, etc.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my main hdd is now dynamic?