Windows 10: Changed MB and Windows not activated

Discus and support Changed MB and Windows not activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently changed my motherboard and windows was no longer activated. I purchased an upgrade to Win 7 Pro in 2013 then did a free upgrade to Win pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Blackwatch42nd, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Changed MB and Windows not activated

I recently changed my motherboard and windows was no longer activated. I purchased an upgrade to Win 7 Pro in 2013 then did a free upgrade to Win pro 10. It has worked fine for several years till the MB change. I've tried to reactivate but no record of purchase in my MS acct, tried the activation key from my original Win 7 product, Nope. Tried the MS support app, less than useless. I've read every article I can find, no help.

Everything seems to work fine except the annoying "Activate Windows ..." message on my screen.

I've done everything MS wanted, the right way, and now this. I've even got a MS subscription for my Office 360, which I don't think I could get without a valid Windows install.

This is ridiculous. How do I get this fixed?

Thanx

John

:)

Blackwatch42nd, Jan 17, 2019

2. How to change the MB without having to reinstall windows ???

Suggestion

Before you turn off Windows for the last time prior to changing MBs, go to Device Manager and delete everything you can, with no mercy, especially the items under "System devices".
    Then next time you boot (after changing MBs hopefully), Windows will re-install everything again, but this time according to the new hardware.
    Works quite well... Good luck!

stereotype, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 17, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Changed MB and Windows not activated

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

Thema:

Changed MB and Windows not activated

1. Changed MB and Windows not activated - Similar Threads - Changed activated

2. Trouble changing the product key for windows 11 home activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble changing the product key for windows 11 home activation: I recently acquired a new PC and the windows 11 home activation prefilled with my laptop's product key after I signed in with my Microsoft account. I purchased a new windows 11 license through the Microsoft online store so I have a genuine product key that should work....
  3. Trouble changing the product key for windows 11 home activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble changing the product key for windows 11 home activation: I recently acquired a new PC and the windows 11 home activation prefilled with my laptop's product key after I signed in with my Microsoft account. I purchased a new windows 11 license through the Microsoft online store so I have a genuine product key that should work....
  4. How to change my active signal mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my active signal mode?: My monitor usually displays 2560 x 1440 240hz. For some reason the active signal mode is changed which has made my monitor to be capped at 60hz. I tried changing to 240hz but there was no option for it.I had went on list all modes and i cannot find the resolution that i need...
  5. How to change my active signal mode?

How to change my active signal mode?: My monitor usually displays 2560 x 1440 240hz. For some reason the active signal mode is changed which has made my monitor to be capped at 60hz. I tried changing to 240hz but there was no option for it.I had went on list all modes and i cannot find the resolution that i need...
  6. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  7. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  8. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  9. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working: Recently had to change my MB after a surge took the previous one out. After change I can no longer activate me copy of windows and get the code 0xC004F211 which confirmed it was a hardware change issue. I've tried the trouble shooter, wasn't able to activate and tells me to...
  10. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation