Windows 10: Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC

Discus and support Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I changed my email adress added a new one, changed to primary and removed the old one for my Microsoft account using my laptop. Everything worked... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TehMightyPotato, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC

So I changed my email adress added a new one, changed to primary and removed the old one for my Microsoft account using my laptop. Everything worked fine there.

Now I want to log in to my desktop machine and it won't let me because it's still linked to my old email adress. Requesting a password change does not work since it just resets the password for my laptop, but not my desktop.

All my previous passwords do not work either.

I got access to the machine as administrator via some cmd trickery but I still want to log in to my "old" account obviously.

Any suggestions?

Can I somehow change the email adress registered to this "local microsoft account" to link it up with my actual one?

:)

TehMightyPotato, Apr 21, 2020

2. Microsoft Solitaire Collection - I can't login after changing the Email-Adress in Microsoft account

Hello,

after i have changed thr e-mail-adress in my microsoft account, i cannot login in Solitaire collection.

The error code is 1170000.

MarkusKramer1, Apr 21, 2020
  3. otosnede Win User
    User account info lost after changing login email

Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC

how to change local account to Microsoft account

Hi Linda,

To change your login settings from local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu and select Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Type the details for your Microsoft Account.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC

1. Changed Microsoft account email adress, can't login to PC - Similar Threads - Changed Microsoft account

2. How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account: How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-email-adress-to-my-microsoft-bing/49298316-24fa-4978-81c5-7d691539b8d9
  3. How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account: How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-email-adress-to-my-microsoft-bing/49298316-24fa-4978-81c5-7d691539b8d9
  4. How to change my Email adress to my Microsoft Bing account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change email adress on account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email adress on account: Hi I have a problem too change my e.mail adress on my account. The adress that i use in my account is deleted and i can not change too my new adress? Could you please help ? Best regards Inge H hagen...
  6. Change email adress on account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email adress on account: Hi I have a problem too change my e.mail adress on my account. The adress that i use in my account is deleted and i can not change too my new adress? Could you please help ? Best regards Inge H hagen...
  7. Change email adress on account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to change email adress used for Windows account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change email adress used for Windows account?: For my Windows 10 account, I used a certain email address. Since this is not the address that holds my Office 365 license, I want to change the email address I use to log into Windows. Is this possible? Or do I then need to create a new admin with the correct address? So:...
  9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection - I can't login after changing the Email-Adress in Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection - I can't login after changing the Email-Adress in Microsoft...: Hello, after i have changed thr e-mail-adress in my microsoft account, i cannot login in Solitaire collection. The error code is 1170000....
  10. change primary email adress in Account profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change primary email adress in Account profile: I changed isp provider a few days ago and my old email address is no longer valid. I simply need to change the email address associated with my Microsoft acccount but under manage my account there doesn't seem to be any means to allow that. Can you help?...