Windows 10: Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore.

Discus and support Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've changed my motherboard and CPU yesterday, sadly the Windows isn't activated now. When I run Troubleshoot to detect my Windows it doesn't work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Yoke18, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Yoke18 Win User

Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore.

I've changed my motherboard and CPU yesterday, sadly the Windows isn't activated now. When I run Troubleshoot to detect my Windows it doesn't work. I would love to get some help from you guys.

Regards

:)

Yoke18, Mar 13, 2019

2. Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated

Hi, I just recently changed my motherboard and cpu out for an upgrade and now windows is not activated, and I don't have my old motherboard anymore. I also tried transferring the key but it is not working

Jakevandee, Mar 13, 2019
  3. PinChung Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after motherboard, CPU and graphic card change

My old motherboard died after a BIOS update. I had to get a new motherboard and CPU.

At the same time, I got a new graphic card.

after setting everything up, Windows 10 asked me to activate windows.

I tried the Windows activate troubleshoot after hardware change, and saw a list of the computers I have. I select the one that was running the current Windows, but it gave me an error message saying

"We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

Please help.

Pin

PinChung, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore.

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore.

1. Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore. - Similar Threads - Changed Motherboard CPU

2. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  3. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  4. CPU and motherboard change?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CPU and motherboard change?: Hello i have a question if i want to change from a r5 1600 and b350m per vdh to a b450 Tomahawk max and a r7 3700x i can simply exchange this or do i have to reinstall Windows 10? CPU und Mainboard wechsel?
  5. Can't activate windows after a motherboard + CPU change

Can't activate windows after a motherboard + CPU change: Hey, I recently upgraded my PC's motherboard and CPU, now windows is telling me to activate windows i bought a key somewhere between late 2017 to early 2018, whenever i try to troubleshoot in the settings, all i can select is my OLD motherboard device windows seems to see it...
  6. Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU

Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU: I bought new parts for my PC, including a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU. After putting everything in my new case, with the same 2 SSDs and graphics card from my previous prebuilt PC, Windows 10 won't activate, saying the product key is invalid and that it's linked to the...
  7. Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU

Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, but after doing so my Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I haven't done anything to my hard drive, other than hooking it up to the new CPU and Motherboard. I've tried re-entering my Windows Product Key, but it gives me an error....
  8. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...
  9. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.: First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big surprise. Got to the troubleshoot screen and reinstalled or whatever its called from there. Works great, except windows doesn't want...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changed motherboard windows 10 activate