Windows 10: Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated

Discus and support Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I decided to get an upgrade on my pc so I got a new motherboard, CPU, and power supply. Now my windows 10 is not activated. I tried troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cooper Parsons, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated

So I decided to get an upgrade on my pc so I got a new motherboard, CPU, and power supply. Now my windows 10 is not activated. I tried troubleshooting and tried to get it re-activated but Microsoft said I cant.

:)

Cooper Parsons, Jan 4, 2019

2. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated

Having trouble activating windows after changing motherboards

Hi, Peter,

When you changed the Motherboard was it through the OEM manufacturer?

Once you change and do not go through the OEM steps to switch motherboards, the pc is considered a New PC which does require purchasing a New License for Windows 10.

Try the Activation Troubleshooter

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20527/...

If you made a significant hardware change to your device (such as replacing the motherboard), Windows 10 might no longer be activated and you might see the activation error codes 0x803f7001 or 0xC004C008. If you're running Windows 10, version 1607 or later
    and you added your Microsoft account to the new device, the digital license will be linked to your device. When you see these error codes, you can use the Activation troubleshooter to reactivate Windows.

If your Original Hardware Manufacturer (OEM) changed the motherboard for you, your PC should reactivate automatically or you should be provided with a replacement product key. If you see the Activation error Unable to reach Windows activation servers, and then
    follow the steps in this additional help article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440

You might also try going to Get Help

Click Start > Select Get Help app

The Virtual Assistant will appear

Type Test

Reply No to the questions asked and you will be transferred to a Live Chat with Microsoft Activation support

Smittychat., Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated

1. Changed motherboard and windows 10 is no longer activated - Similar Threads - Changed motherboard longer

2. windows 10 activation/motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 activation/motherboard change: i just upgraded my pc and sold the old one i changed the motherboard and cpu along with the rami still have the GPU HDDs windows is is asking me to activate it again and when i looked online for steps to follow i got to the activate windows screen in settings and it now...
  3. change motherboard and activate window 10

change motherboard and activate window 10: Hi, I would like to update my hp computer motherboard with pre-installed window 10 with OEM version. I am wondering if I able to do that? Since I know that window 10 is somehow tied with the motherboard....
  4. Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard: So I changed motherboard and it says that I need to reactivate Windows, I log in to my Microsoft account (i got windows 10 free from a windows 7 upgrade a while ago) I let Windows diagnose the problem, they say that there has been a report of hardware change, I press the...
  5. Windows 10 Activation After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation After Motherboard Change: I have installed a new motherboard on my PC and now Windows 10 says it is not activated. I got to settings>Update&Security>Activation I get error code 0xC004C060 I troubleshoot and get the message "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device" I click "Change...
  6. Windows Product ID change after Motherboard change, no longer activated

Windows Product ID change after Motherboard change, no longer activated: Purchased a used computer with Windows 7 roughly 2 years ago, and used the free upgrade at the time to change to windows 10. My ex gave me a product ID, and a product Key that was displayed after the upgrade. Today I did some hardware changes, and got a new motherboard....
  7. Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change

Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change: Probably a common question, but I have not found anything helpful yet. I had a motherboard with an Intel processor and have updated to a an AMD processor. Windows handled the transition okay, but I have been having no luck getting windows to re-activate. I have tried...
  8. Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no longer Active after changing Motherboard: Hi, Changed my motherboard, now my w10 is no longer active. I had a retail version which is no longer in my possession of w7. I've read before that I would need to roll back to w7 then reupdate to w10, but I don't see that option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  9. changed motherboard - can't activate windows 10

changed motherboard - can't activate windows 10: Hello. I have a windows 10 Pro RETAIL license. I have upgrated my mobo, cpu and ram, and after installing of new drivers, windows is NOT activated anymore. I have tried the tool to reactivate my digital license, but after logging in, it says that the windows servers are...
  10. windows 10 activation on motherboard change

windows 10 activation on motherboard change: Hi,i need change my motherboard,anyone got windows 10 activated on this situation? I dont have windows pre-installed on this pc,have windows 8 dvd with licence code from store and windows 10 activated on old motherboard already. In windows 8,there was phone activation that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after i changed my motherboard windows 10 is no longer activated

2. windows 10 no longer activated after motherboard change

3. changed Memory in Windows 10 pro no longer activated

4. win 10 upgraded motherboard and i can no longer activate win 10,
  5. changed motherboard and now windows is no longer enuine,
  6. changed motherboards and cpu and windows is no longer acvtivated,
  7. changed motherboard windows no longer activated win 10,
  8. dell changed motherboard windows no longer activates,
  9. change motherboard and windows is no longer activated