Windows 10: Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10?

Discus and support Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I changed out the motherboard along with the CPU and ram and now when i log into windows it has a little watermark that says 'Activate Windows' on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Veuro⠀, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Veuro⠀ Win User

Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10?

I changed out the motherboard along with the CPU and ram and now when i log into windows it has a little watermark that says 'Activate Windows' on the bottom right of my screen. When i go to settings it says no product key was found. When i click troubleshoot, it give me an option to click "I changed hardware on this device recently", and then i can select the device i'm using right now and click Activate, but then it says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I did try again, a day later.

Another thing is that at my Microsoft account under devices, I can see my laptop, and then two of this PC. One has the old hardware and one the new.

Any ideas?

:)

Veuro⠀, Oct 11, 2019

2. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

The first thing I did before I change my setup was I linked my microsoft account to windows 10 so that I could have my activation connect to my microsoft account. Today, I try to reactivate windows with the windows 10 settings activation troubleshooter and
    I said that it is unable to activate windows, then I pressed the I changed hardware on this device recently button. Then I found the device that was listed (same one). I check this is my device that I am using right now and activate button and it said "We
    can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later".

I changed my motherboard, CPU and RAM. I am still using the same hard drives. I was wondering if there is something I can do without having to buy another windows 10 activation key.

videogamergod22, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Jabadude Win User
    Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

I changed the motherboard and CPU on my computer and the digital license reactivation isn't working. I follow all the steps, (settings - update & security - Activation - Troubleshoot - I changed hardware on this device recently) the computer I am trying
    to activate windows 10 on does not show up as one that I can choose. BUT when I go into my Microsoft account it is there under devices. Why is it not showing up as one I can choose to activate windows 10 on????

Jabadude, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10?

win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10?

1. Changed Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, how can I reactivate windows 10? - Similar Threads - Changed Motherboard CPU

2. Windows 11 Reactivation - changed Motherboard/CPU/RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Reactivation - changed Motherboard/CPU/RAM: My display has the dreaded watermark of death "Activate Windows, Go to Settings to activate Windows"I just got done swapping my old motherboard/CPU to my wife's Windows 10 desktop, and I purchased new ones for myself, also upgrading to DDR5 ram in the process, so indeed a...
  3. Windows 11 Reactivation - changed Motherboard/CPU/RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Reactivation - changed Motherboard/CPU/RAM: My display has the dreaded watermark of death "Activate Windows, Go to Settings to activate Windows"I just got done swapping my old motherboard/CPU to my wife's Windows 10 desktop, and I purchased new ones for myself, also upgrading to DDR5 ram in the process, so indeed a...
  4. can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.: I've reinstalled my pc after getting new hardware and now I can't seem to reactivate it, everytime I go to Start button, then select Settings > System > Activation > troubleshoot > I changed hardware on this device recently, It says, "We can't reactivate Windows as our...
  5. can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.: I've reinstalled my pc after getting new hardware and now I can't seem to reactivate it, everytime I go to Start button, then select Settings > System > Activation > troubleshoot > I changed hardware on this device recently, It says, "We can't reactivate Windows as our...
  6. can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and CPU change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and CPU change.: Hello everyone, I know this question has been asked a lot, but I´ve seemed to get no response from the Microsoft team, and I'm currently located in Argentina; so I don't know who to call neither does Microsoft seem interested in calling me. I got the error code 0xC004F213...
  8. Windows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard and CPU change.

Windows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard and CPU change.: Yesterday I got a new cpu and motherboard for my pc and I can't reactivate my windows. I've tried the troubleshooter and it won't work. I also don't have a product key because it's for Windows 7 and I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free a couple years ago....
  9. Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed the motherboard and CPU on my computer and the digital license reactivation isn't working. I follow all the steps, (settings - update & security - Activation - Troubleshoot - I changed hardware on this device recently) the computer I am trying to activate windows 10...
  10. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM): The first thing I did before I change my setup was I linked my microsoft account to windows 10 so that I could have my activation connect to my microsoft account. Today, I try to reactivate windows with the windows 10 settings activation troubleshooter and I said that it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ram can be changed

2. window 10 pc troubleshoot problem related to motherboard ram cpu and power

3. replaced motherboard and cpu how to activate windows 10

4. how can i reactivate windows 10,
  5. can i chang motherboard and reactivate windows 10?,
  6. does windows activation disable when the cpu or other parts gets changed,
  7. how to install a new motherboard and cpu