Windows 10: Changed motherboard, now i cant activate

Discus and support Changed motherboard, now i cant activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello and thanks for any help I changed my motherboard the day before yesterday and I didn't know I should have taken measures beforehand. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SpyrosMpotonakis, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Changed motherboard, now i cant activate

Hello and thanks for any help

I changed my motherboard the day before yesterday and I didn't know I should have taken measures beforehand. The problem is that I don't remember my account. I tried my regular mail but the code was wrong. But then my wife's mail popped up as a security backup but even though im certain of the backup mail, no code arrived on the latter. I do have the activation key but I don't know what to do.

:)

SpyrosMpotonakis, Feb 4, 2019

2. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Changed motherboard, now i cant activate

windows activation after motherboard changed.

Hi Raed,

To reactivate your Windows 10 after changing your motherboard, we suggest that you check this
    article, and follow the Activation troubleshooter steps/instructions to resolve it.

Another possible resolution, you may refer to this thread, and look for
    Andre Da Costa's post.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Michael Gall, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Changed motherboard, now i cant activate

1. Changed motherboard, now i cant activate - Similar Threads - Changed motherboard cant

2. Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.: So I recently had to change motherboards because my older one fried, and now windows wont activate on my new motherboard, and I don't have the funds to buy windows 10 again especially because its 140....
  3. Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.: So I recently had to change motherboards because my older one fried, and now windows wont activate on my new motherboard, and I don't have the funds to buy windows 10 again especially because its 140....
  4. Cant activate windows after changing motherboards.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows 10 cant be activated after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 cant be activated after motherboard change: I had an activated windows 10 I changed my motherboard and now i cant reactivate windows it says the key is used on another device. I bought another key it wont activate it says i dont have valid digital licence or product key error code : 0xc004c060 now i can no longer...
  6. windows 10 cant be activated after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 cant be activated after motherboard change: I had an activated windows 10 I changed my motherboard and now i cant reactivate windows it says the key is used on another device. I bought another key it wont activate it says i dont have valid digital licence or product key error code : 0xc004c060 now i can no longer...
  7. Cant activate windows since changing motherboard

Cant activate windows since changing motherboard: Hi, I have recently bought a new motherboard for a old dell prebuilt. ever since then I haven't been able to activate windows. In the trouble shoot program, I got to select the option "changed hardware recently" and then got into the part where I could select the PC that I...
  8. Changed motherboard, can't activate Windows now

Changed motherboard, can't activate Windows now: I just bought a brand new copy of Windows 10 Home from the Windows Microsoft Store last week. Today I had to swap my motherboard and now my copy of Windows is no longer activated, despite being logged into my Microsoft account. I went to the activation screen>troubleshoot>"I...
  9. WIndows 10 cant activate after motherboard change.

WIndows 10 cant activate after motherboard change.: I had to change my motherboard recently since it stopped working. After changing it my windows is not activated, and it does not allow me to activate it. When troubleshooting and selecting "I recently changed hardware" it then gives me "Unable to activate windows, we cant...
  10. Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated: Hi, I just recently changed my motherboard and cpu out for an upgrade and now windows is not activated, and I don't have my old motherboard anymore. I also tried transferring the key but it is not working...