Windows 10: Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore

Discus and support Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my selective startup in msconfig, restarted my pc, and now im stuck on the blue Choose an option screen and can not get to safe mode. If i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VendetaDesign, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore

I changed my selective startup in msconfig, restarted my pc, and now im stuck on the blue Choose an option screen and can not get to safe mode. If i try to get to safe mdoe it goes to performing automatic repairs. Ive researched the issue for a few hours and have found no solutions. Please help.

:)

VendetaDesign, Oct 16, 2018
  2. PaulHP22 Win User

MSCONFIG defaults to selective startup

This is a new computer. Has updated since installation. MSCONFIG can't stay set at "normal" startup. Continually defaults to "selective". Have tried suggested Microsoft fix. Does not work. Any suggestions?

PaulHP22, Oct 16, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

When you viewed the HP web site for software and drivers were you able to change the operating system from 10 to 7 or 8.1? If it is not listed there then it may not be the solution to the audio problem.

L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65631.html
    L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65631.cva

There are probook models listed for this driver. The computer model that you are using is not on the list.

Open msconfig and see whether your computer is booting in normal startup or selective startup.

zbook, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore

MSCONFIG is Stuck in Selective Startup

The New (Latest -September 2016) Windows 10 Update Recently Installed.

After that Update

Now my Desktop PC (AMD Processor) will not Start after being Powered Off.

It starts to Boot then hangs at the Windows 10 Logo Screen

I then Do a System Shut Down by Holding The Power On/Off Button to Power Down.

Then Push the Power Button to Start

The Next Boot will then Start Windows Properly

Opening MSCONFIG as Administrator.

MSCONFIG is stuck in Selective Startup.

And Will Not Accept Any Changes

Even after a Restart.

Any Help would be Appreciated

RobertTonkavich, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore

1. Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore - Similar Threads - Changed msconfig selective

2. Changing startup selections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing startup selections: When I run "msconfig" without administrator privileges, the "selective startup" option is chosen, and "Load system services" and "Load system items" boxes are ticked. Whenever I try to change any options, it would revert when I close the window and run it again. When I run it...
  3. What is a Selective Startup? How to run selective startup using MSCONFIG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What is a Selective Startup? How to run selective startup using MSCONFIG in Windows 10: When Windows boots up, it loads up files along with it and also starts services and launches applications that are registered with it when the user logs into his account. At times, some rogue applications may cause a slow boot or make Windows stuck in the middle of the...
  4. My PC won’t start anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC won’t start anymore: I got a new PC for Christmas and it’s been working fine up until now. I got a notification from Control Panel Security and Maintenance that a drive had an error and I need to restart to fix it. I did it and restarted and now my PC keeps having blue screen errors before being...
  5. cannot start msconfig in normal startup

cannot start msconfig in normal startup: I cannot get my computer to start in nomal start up. It keeps starting in selective startup. I have tried everything. Can anyone give an answer to this problem please. AlanLane5...
  6. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup: why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch certain programs as it disables most of them submitted by /u/DGW04 [link] [comments]...
  7. Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup

Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup: I went into MSCONFIG - changed to Selective Startup in System Configuration. Now I am trying to change back to Normal- the apply button wont highlight for use [IMG]...
  8. Cannot change MSCONFIG from Selective to Normal Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change MSCONFIG from Selective to Normal Start Up: Hi All, I have noticed in my fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro, when running MSCONFIG that my system is set to Selective startup. If I select Normal startup and click Apply, it immediately defaults back to Selective startup again. I also notice that one service...
  9. MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup: I can't get my PC to do a normal start up. When I select normal start up in MSCONFIG and hit apply and boot it reverts to Selective start up. However everything appears to be working normally. I'm not sure if it is or if it is actually doing a Selective start up. Any ideas?...
  10. MSConfig & Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSConfig & Selective Startup: So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help? 9138

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msconfig normal startup not working

2. i changed selective startup in msconfig & now my computer wont boot