Windows 10: Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back

Discus and support Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HiI had an adult account. I was going to add my child to an old laptop, however I mistakenly changed all of my own details to his. I have been able to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kirsty_88, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Kirsty_88 Win User

Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back

HiI had an adult account. I was going to add my child to an old laptop, however I mistakenly changed all of my own details to his. I have been able to change back the name etc but as he is under the age of 13 and I set the date of birth for the account to his I cannot now edit this back to my actual date of birth. As this is now a 'child' account that never had consent to be created, being added to a family domain by by husband does not allow him to edit my details as he did not provide consent to initially create the account. Is there a way in which I can edit my dob back to what it should be

:)

Kirsty_88, Aug 2, 2022

2. Edit DOB

Thanks all.

Hi Mark, I think your hitting on my problem. I am trying to correct my dob in my microsoft account. I accessed this from a google search. For some reason my dob is set as 2017 and therefore has a child status. I was born in 69 and Im now unable to download
    software updates for itunes and the like on to my desktop unless a I correct my dob. I will try the links you have suggested.

lewismaclean1, Aug 2, 2022
  3. Hys3qm Win User
    Changing child's DOB but no option to do so

Hi,

I'm trying to change my son's DOB on Microsoft. All Microsoft instructions say to log in to my adult account, select him in Family and select 'Manage My child's profile info' and then choose 'Edit this
    child's personal info'

Seems straightforward but I don't get offered the 'Edit this child's personal info' option on the 'Manage my child's profile info page'.

All it has is a statement saying some countries have different steps to regulate what children can do online.

And I can't change the DOB from my son's account via the 'personal info' section.

Any suggestions welcome as I've spent hours looking into this!

Thanks

Hys3qm, Aug 2, 2022
  4. Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back

Edit DOB

Here you go:

1. Open this page and log on: https://account.microsoft.com/
    2. Open up "Additional tasks" (or words to this effect)

Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back a2a67e8c-e7d5-47e7-b144-dcac828043bd?upload=true.jpg
    3. Click Edit Profile
    4. Click Edit Date of birth

Frederik Long, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back

1. Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back - Similar Threads - Changed dob mistake

2. Unable to edit DOB and country information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to edit DOB and country information: I have purchased a new windows 11 laptop and while configuring it anyhow it fetched wrong profile information which includes DOB and Country. now I am trying to change it under Microsoft account/your info/profile info but its not editable and disabled. I want to buy office...
  3. Unable to edit DOB and country information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to edit DOB and country information: I have purchased a new windows 11 laptop and while configuring it anyhow it fetched wrong profile information which includes DOB and Country. now I am trying to change it under Microsoft account/your info/profile info but its not editable and disabled. I want to buy office...
  4. Change my DOB in my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my DOB in my account: Microsoft have my WRONG DOB in my account I have tried 3 months in all ways but they do not know how to correct it ....they say it is 2016 a child when it should be 1943 I am 80...
  5. Change my DOB in my account

Change my DOB in my account: Microsoft have my WRONG DOB in my account I have tried 3 months in all ways but they do not know how to correct it ....they say it is 2016 a child when it should be 1943 I am 80...
  6. Change DOB on account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change DOB on account: for some unknown reason recently the DOB on my account has changed and now puts me at 13 years old, this is causing issues accessing my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-dob-on-account/d84a8ebd-7803-404a-ade7-193a94ee161e
  7. Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back: HiI had an adult account. I was going to add my child to an old laptop, however I mistakenly changed all of my own details to his. I have been able to change back the name etc but as he is under the age of 13 and I set the date of birth for the account to his I cannot now...
  8. Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back

Changed my dob by mistake, unable to edit it back: HiI had an adult account. I was going to add my child to an old laptop, however I mistakenly changed all of my own details to his. I have been able to change back the name etc but as he is under the age of 13 and I set the date of birth for the account to his I cannot now...
  9. CHANGING DOB

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CHANGING DOB: i am trying to change my sons DOB on the Microsoft page I've see that it tells you to go to family->manage child permissions but I get a page showing: In the United States, South Korea and the EU, legislation requires that children have adult consent before creating an online...
  10. Edit DOB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edit DOB: I am trying to correct my account date of birth but whe I click on change date of Birth I can’t edit. Does anyway know of this kind of problem and how to correct this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-dob/93ad067c-6f4f-4b35-9363-4b046c10ef03