Windows 10: Changed my mainboard and now my Windows code does not work anymore?

Discus and support Changed my mainboard and now my Windows code does not work anymore? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently changed my mainboard and after I changed everything, Windows was not activated anymore, I tried everything with Installation ID (which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by anonym537220, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Changed my mainboard and now my Windows code does not work anymore?

I recently changed my mainboard and after I changed everything, Windows was not activated anymore, I tried everything with Installation ID (which is not found by the wizard (4 times), I also tried to change the code, it doesn't work

Changed my mainboard and now my Windows code does not work anymore? 0_big.jpg

:)

anonym537220, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Pashahlis Win User

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after a mainboard change

A few days ago I damaged my mainboard with a BIOS update. I bought the same model again today and naturally Windows saw this as a hardware change and prompted me to reactivate Windows 10. This worked fine the last time in Summer 2018 when I upgraded my PCs
    components, but not this time. It didn't let me reactivate it. In panic I then went to my Microsoft account and deleted the PC (the one with the old mainboard) from my list of devices, hoping it would fix it. But that just made it worse, since now I cannot
    even go very far with the activation, since I just deleted the device that I need to reactivate it.

I also have an error code, if that helps: 0x803FA067

Pashahlis, Aug 1, 2020
  3. What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Changed my mainboard and now my Windows code does not work anymore?

Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change

I had to change my mainboard and now I can't activate Windows 10 Pro. In my Microsoft Account I see the old pc (activated) and the new one (not activated). I already pressed trouble shooting but I could not fix the problem, because on the broken mainboard
    I used a Windows 10 Pro N. On the new mainboard I use Windows 10 Pro. The license is the same. I don't want to install Windows 10 Pro N again, because it causes problem with other software.

DanielSuter2, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Changed my mainboard and now my Windows code does not work anymore?

1. Changed my mainboard and now my Windows code does not work anymore? - Similar Threads - Changed mainboard code

2. Changed things in my registry and now my account is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed things in my registry and now my account is not working anymore: Hello dear people,I wanted to change the location of my AppData through the registry. I changed the registry for it for my user but did not move the files to the specified place. Afterwards I could not get into the account anymore, because as soon as I logged in, I got the...
  3. Changed things in my registry and now my account is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed things in my registry and now my account is not working anymore: Hello dear people,I wanted to change the location of my AppData through the registry. I changed the registry for it for my user but did not move the files to the specified place. Afterwards I could not get into the account anymore, because as soon as I logged in, I got the...
  4. Changed things in my registry and now my account is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PIN does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  6. My PIN does not work anymore

My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  7. My searach Bar does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My searach Bar does not work anymore: If I type something into the search bar, it comes up as a grey icon. Every program and App comes up but looks the same has the same grey icon. I cannot click anything either. I can only search through the files explorer....
  8. My searach Bar does not work anymore

My searach Bar does not work anymore: If I type something into the search bar, it comes up as a grey icon. Every program and App comes up but looks the same has the same grey icon. I cannot click anything either. I can only search through the files explorer....
  9. My Windows Key does not work anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows Key does not work anymore.: When I press it to use it for short cuts or just to open the search bar. It does not work. But I can still open the search bar when I click the symbol. submitted by /u/Hyku_HD [link] [comments]...
  10. Mail does not work after the change of mainboard of my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail does not work after the change of mainboard of my laptop: Hi I did get a problem with my Asus laptop 14.6 and it was sent to Sweden for repair. I got it back today and everything else seems to work OK, but not the mail. The system said that I have a problem with Microsoft password. I just can figure out what?...