Windows 10: Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated?

Discus and support Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just recently changed my CPU, MB, and ram and now windows has the "Activate Windows" watermark. It wont let me activate it for some reason and don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ariel Fonticiella, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated?

I just recently changed my CPU, MB, and ram and now windows has the "Activate Windows" watermark. It wont let me activate it for some reason and don't really know what to do. I have my old Microsoft recovery code and I even have the old order number from when I bought it in a email. Is there any way to get my account activated with either of those?

:)

Ariel Fonticiella, Feb 5, 2023

2. got activated problem, After upgrade MB, CPU and RAM, please help !

1. What exactly do you mean by mean by, "upgrade MB, CPU and RAM"?

I have buy new MB, CPU and RAM on my computer.

2. How exactly did you deactivate Windows 10?

I have deactivate Win10 on my old computer. and following page

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/deactivate-uninstall-windows-product-key

3. What happens when you try to activate Windows 10?

after deactivate Win10, I have install new MB, CPU and RAM on my computer.

when I activate Win10 again, I got error message

"Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001"

Note: I am using Win10 64-bits and upgrade from Win7.

[Mr. Compman], Feb 5, 2023
  3. got activated problem, After upgrade MB, CPU and RAM, please help !

I have upgrade MB, CPU and RAM on my computer, and using old HD,

my old HD already installed Win 10 64-bits OS, and already unactivated Win10 with old computer, but after I installed new MB, CPU and RAM, I can not activated Win10 !

anyone can help please.

[Mr. Compman], Feb 5, 2023
  4. Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated?

New MB / CPU / RAM - no POST

Yesterday I replaced the MB, CPU, and RAM of an old PC with an ASUS Prime H370-Plus, an Intel i5-8400, and a Crucial 16GB RAM Kit (8GBx2) - DDR4 2400 MT/s. No POST - no beeps, no display. Fans run, Ethernet adapter shows activity, HDD spins, etc. so the MB is getting power.

I think I'm going to need help diagnosing this.

Before I get a response to this plea for help I will have tried the following:
    • Reset the CPU power plugs. My PSU has a pair of 4-pin plugs; the MB has an 8-pin header. Seating both plugs is a pain.
    • Re-seating the RAM.
    • Tighten the DVI-D display cable at both ends. Maybe switch to VGA. (My monitor does not support HDMI).
    But I'm not counting on any of that working so I've got a bunch of questions.

I had trouble reading the labels for the RAM slots on the MB but my impression was that they did not match the labels in the doc. The doc has the slots labels (from the edge of the board inwards) A2, A!, B2, B1 and show a 2-card configuration using A2 and B2. Would using A1 and B1 prevent a POST?

I assume I can disconnect all drives and still be able to run the POST (but obviously not boot). Yes?

I cannot be sure I've plugged the front panel connectors correctly: my fingers are fat, the labels on the MB are impossible to read, and the doc has at least one error. (It shows a 3-pin connection for the Reset button.) I know I've got the Power button and Power LED connections correct (because they work) but the doc does not match other ASUS MB configurations I've seen. Thus, I may not have the speaker connected correctly. Would a mis-connected speaker kill POST? I assume I wouldn't hear the POST beeps but POST itself would work, wouldn't it?

I don't know what other questions to ask at the moment.

pokeefe0001, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated?

1. Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated? - Similar Threads - Changed CPU ram

2. Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated?: I just recently changed my CPU, MB, and ram and now windows has the "Activate Windows" watermark. It wont let me activate it for some reason and don't really know what to do. I have my old Microsoft recovery code and I even have the old order number from when I bought it in a...
  3. Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed my MB, CPU, and ram and want to know if I can get my current copy of windows activated?: I just recently changed my CPU, MB, and ram and now windows has the "Activate Windows" watermark. It wont let me activate it for some reason and don't really know what to do. I have my old Microsoft recovery code and I even have the old order number from when I bought it in a...
  4. How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...

How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...: As the title states, I am having trouble reactivating my copy of Windows 10 Home on my PC after swapping the CPU, motherboard, and hard drive. Everything ran fine on my original setup, but then I swapped out those 3 parts and reinstalled+reactivated Windows using my product...
  5. How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...: As the title states, I am having trouble reactivating my copy of Windows 10 Home on my PC after swapping the CPU, motherboard, and hard drive. Everything ran fine on my original setup, but then I swapped out those 3 parts and reinstalled+reactivated Windows using my product...
  6. I want know how to activate my windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want know how to activate my windows 10.: Hi there, I have received several notification to activate windows, but each time I click on it I get this feedback :Troubleshoot. And after clicking on the trouble shoot this display: we can't activate your copy of windows. Make sure you're connected to the internet and try...
  7. I am changing my hard drive need to know if I can activate fresh copy of Windows 10

I am changing my hard drive need to know if I can activate fresh copy of Windows 10: I am planning to replace the hard drive on my laptop for a new one with a higher capacity. Additionally, I don't currently boot on UEFI and plan on doing when I replace the currently hard drive. What I want to know is do I have to buy a new license or can activate that copy...
  8. Changed MB and Windows not activated

Changed MB and Windows not activated: I recently changed my motherboard and windows was no longer activated. I purchased an upgrade to Win 7 Pro in 2013 then did a free upgrade to Win pro 10. It has worked fine for several years till the MB change. I've tried to reactivate but no record of purchase in my MS...
  9. Cant activate windows 10 pro after upgrading MB, CPU, and Ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant activate windows 10 pro after upgrading MB, CPU, and Ram: Hey everyone I recently upgraded my MB, CPU, and Ram and now cant activate windows 10 pro I had Windows 10 home (Have the product key and USB) and upgraded to windows 10 pro through the "Settings" in windows 10, I dont have a product key from when i ungraded to windows...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...