Windows 10: Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works

Discus and support Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm not too sure if I should be posting three separate questions but problems one and three could be linked. So I changed my Microsoft Account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nathan De Meyer, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works

I'm not too sure if I should be posting three separate questions but problems one and three could be linked.

So I changed my Microsoft Account password using my phone, and as expected my computer notified me that I needed to fix my account. I entered the new password but every few days upon startup it notified me that my account needed to be fixed. I have tried turning off shared experiences, installing the latest updates and deleting the account from my device but nothing worked. The deleting the account brings me to my next problem.

After logging back in, my Microsoft Account was at the bottom of my email address list but I like to have it at the top. There's no way I know of to reorganise the order so I deleted the other accounts on my device and logged back in so that they were in my desired order. However, my student account no longer syncs and returns the error "0x8007274d". I have downloaded the Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter but that didn't work and my date and time settings are correct.

The third problem is that I can no longer use my paid applications on my device. When I try it gives the error "0x803F8001". When I check the "All Owned" tab in the windows store it says there's nothing in my library. I have tried the fixes I found at https://www.minitool.com/news/windows-store-error-code-0x803f8001.html but nothing works. Interestingly when doing method 4, "run automatic repair"; upon startup when I had to enter the password associated with this device it only accepted my old one. However, when I log into my device normally using my password, it only takes the new one.

:)

Nathan De Meyer, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 1, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works

1. Changed my Microsoft Account password and now nothing works - Similar Threads - Changed Microsoft Account

2. I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer: I read somewhere that you can have no password so that you just press enter when it asks for password and it'll sign you in. I tried doing that but now when I try to sign in I get "incorrect password" every time, even when I try my old password...
  3. I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer: I read somewhere that you can have no password so that you just press enter when it asks for password and it'll sign you in. I tried doing that but now when I try to sign in I get "incorrect password" every time, even when I try my old password...
  4. I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype: Hello, I wanted to change my password on my Microsoft account and when I started to do so, I noticed a message that said once I change my password my Skype account will be linked to my Microsoft account. I would prefer not to have them linked. Will changing the password now...
  6. Nothing Microsoft related is working right now.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing Microsoft related is working right now.: I tried loading up the xbox app to play a game. I noticed I wasn't signed in. I tried to sign in and nothing happens. No error, just nothing. I tried to uninstall the xbox app. Nothing. I tried to download and reinstall. I download but when I click to launch, nothing. I tried...
  7. I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed: I was signed in beforehand, however, my computer was refusing to recognise my name change. So, I signed out and logged back in, and now the password for my computer is the password for my Microsoft account. I don't like this and want to change the password without changing...
  8. dual monitor worked, but not now. Nothing changed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor worked, but not now. Nothing changed.: I have a laptop windows 10 connected to two monitors, a Dell and an Asus. Dell is via VGA, Asus is via HDMI. both were working fine in dual monitor mode. I used the HDMI port to connect to a LG TV, worked fine. I simply disconnected the HDMI cable and reconnected the HDMI...
  9. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  10. Changing Password for Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Password for Microsoft account: I want to change my Microsoft account password and have been given a code to do so. However, when I go to sign in options in settings, I am repeatedly told something went wrong and to try again later. Later never comes, of course 74117