Windows 10: Changed my Microsoft Account username, but the Local folder still has the old name, how can...

Discus and support Changed my Microsoft Account username, but the Local folder still has the old name, how can... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-microsoft-account-username-but-the/b8019733-e881-4113-a198-953fa2533273 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MacroHard1, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Changed my Microsoft Account username, but the Local folder still has the old name, how can...

as the title says

:)

MacroHard1, Jan 20, 2022
  2. MathewH Win User

change local account username associated with a microsoft account?

My first name is "Mathew".

On all my windows 10 devices, I prefer to login using my microsoft account. (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

On all of these devices, the default local user name is always "mathe", missing the "w".

My home directory is "C:\Users\mathe"

This is really annoying!

I have gone through the insane steps to change this username and home directory on two of my three personal desktops/laptops, but how can I make it so the next new computer I log into uses "mathew" instead of "mathe" for the local account name?

I just reset my Hololens and found it added "mathe" here, as well.

I do not know the correct terminology to find this answer in forums. I've tried:

Change default local username for microsoft account

Change name of roaming profile

and variations on those themes.

MathewH, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Changed my Microsoft Account username, but the Local folder still has the old name, how can...

How to change Microsoft account username?

I recently installed a fresh version of Windows and set it up with my Microsoft account instead of a local account. Now the username for the computer is the first portion of my email. Is there a way to change the actual username where all the folders and
    registry information is stored for this account? Usually if I make a local account first and merge it with my Microsoft account the username will just be the same one from the local account.

FYI: there are two folders in C:>Users named "email" and "Public". Would like to properly change the username from "email" to anything else.

Thanks.

Nathan Donnelly, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Changed my Microsoft Account username, but the Local folder still has the old name, how can...

1. Changed my Microsoft Account username, but the Local folder still has the old name, how can... - Similar Threads - Changed Microsoft Account

2. Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!: My UserName is BemZ when I sign in with my Microsoft account on PC, the name of my User keeps changing every time between Local NameBemZ and my full name on my MS Account Zouhair Bem i can see that throw my user icon on my desktop, and I need to be Local Name BemZ forever,...
  3. Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!: My UserName is BemZ when I sign in with my Microsoft account on PC, the name of my User keeps changing every time between Local NameBemZ and my full name on my MS Account Zouhair Bem i can see that throw my user icon on my desktop, and I need to be Local Name BemZ forever,...
  4. Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder: anytime i setup a new pc with my microsoft account my user name folder is automatically named and that name was from my first pc and even made a mistake typing it so at first find it difficult to get the address to folder. i just want to change it i have even tried using the...
  6. How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i change the user name attached to my Microsoft account Username folder: anytime i setup a new pc with my microsoft account my user name folder is automatically named and that name was from my first pc and even made a mistake typing it so at first find it difficult to get the address to folder. i just want to change it i have even tried using the...
  7. Changed my Microsoft Account username, but the Local folder still has the old name, how can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my Microsoft Account username, but the Local folder still has the old name, how can...: as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-microsoft-account-username-but-the/b8019733-e881-4113-a198-953fa2533273
  8. How do I change the user folder name for my local account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the user folder name for my local account?: Hello all, I recently got a new Windows 10 laptop and set it up with my Microsoft account, before switching to a local account. When I went to view the user account folder for the local account C:\Users, I saw that windows had named the folder using the first 5 characters...
  9. How to change Microsoft account username?

How to change Microsoft account username?: I recently installed a fresh version of Windows and set it up with my Microsoft account instead of a local account. Now the username for the computer is the first portion of my email. Is there a way to change the actual username where all the folders and registry information...
  10. change local account username associated with a microsoft account?

change local account username associated with a microsoft account?: My first name is "Mathew". On all my windows 10 devices, I prefer to login using my microsoft account. (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) On all of these devices, the default local user name is always "mathe", missing the "w". My home directory is...