Windows 10: Changed my motherboard and CPU - cant reactivate windows 10 pro

Discus and support Changed my motherboard and CPU - cant reactivate windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have gone through the whole re-activate , pick pc etc and it fails. Logged into my account. I could see that I had 2 pc's with the same name and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by El-d, Aug 18, 2019.

1. El-d Win User

Changed my motherboard and CPU - cant reactivate windows 10 pro

Have gone through the whole re-activate , pick pc etc and it fails. Logged into my account. I could see that I had 2 pc's with the same name and different hardware so thought that it was failing due to not being able to determine which to use. I removed the old pc stupidly as it now doesn't detect at all when I try to re-activate.

I've run slmgr -dli - It says RETAIL which is correct and transferable.

I get error code 0xC004F211 in settings.

Microsoft help is no use and I keep getting re-directed back to the same pages. I've run through the virtual "waste of time" several times and been directed to get a Call Back.

I select call back and get told its unavailable try again.

How can I re-activate?

Thanks

El-d

:)

2. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Aug 18, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User
    Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Jabadude Win User

Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

I changed the motherboard and CPU on my computer and the digital license reactivation isn't working. I follow all the steps, (settings - update & security - Activation - Troubleshoot - I changed hardware on this device recently) the computer I am trying
    to activate windows 10 on does not show up as one that I can choose. BUT when I go into my Microsoft account it is there under devices. Why is it not showing up as one I can choose to activate windows 10 on????

Jabadude, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Changed my motherboard and CPU - cant reactivate windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Changed motherboard CPU

2. Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and CPU change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard and CPU change.: Hello everyone, I know this question has been asked a lot, but I´ve seemed to get no response from the Microsoft team, and I'm currently located in Argentina; so I don't know who to call neither does Microsoft seem interested in calling me. I got the error code 0xC004F213...
  3. Windows 10 pro Reactivation after MotherBoard Change

Windows 10 pro Reactivation after MotherBoard Change: Dear Friends I have changed my mother board . Now I have facing win 10 pro ver 2004 deactivated. Tried several times windows update and security -->Activation-->troubleshoot. I changed Hardware on this device shows no device found in this Microsoft Account. But while log...
  4. Cant reactivate windows after motherboard change

Cant reactivate windows after motherboard change: I just got a motherboard upgrade and now I need to reactivate windows 10 Pro. I currently dont have the product key with me any more. Is there a way to reactivate my windows without my product key....
  5. Windows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard and CPU change.

Windows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard and CPU change.: Yesterday I got a new cpu and motherboard for my pc and I can't reactivate my windows. I've tried the troubleshooter and it won't work. I also don't have a product key because it's for Windows 7 and I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free a couple years ago....
  6. Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed the motherboard and CPU on my computer and the digital license reactivation isn't working. I follow all the steps, (settings - update & security - Activation - Troubleshoot - I changed hardware on this device recently) the computer I am trying to activate windows 10...
  7. Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU: I'm trying to reactivate my windows 10 with the "I recently changed hardware" option given in the troubleshooting menu, and my old PC DOES appear in the menu, but trying to select it just takes me to an empty window that says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM): The first thing I did before I change my setup was I linked my microsoft account to windows 10 so that I could have my activation connect to my microsoft account. Today, I try to reactivate windows with the windows 10 settings activation troubleshooter and I said that it is...
  9. windows cant reactivate after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    windows cant reactivate after changing motherboard: hi guys..can someone help me ? i recently change my motherboard and my windows cant reactivate using trouble shooter from activation tab. is there any solution for this? my windows version is 1803 build 17134.48 . thanks before 111304
  10. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -: I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro. Saturday the...